kanarinka on Sat, 23 Jul 2005 05:40:13 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> [call] Call for Work: Tactical Media Cookbook

ALL THE BELOW INFO CAN BE FOUND ON THE WEBSITE:
http://www.tacticalmediacookbook.net/call.html

DEADLINE: 12/1/2005

PROJECT DESCRIPTION

Tactical Media Cookbook is a web project organized by Finishing School
that will share data related to the practice of tactical media. TMC
will present various working theories that are associated with the
practice of tactical media, supply concise project recipes from various
tactical media practitioners, and present a directory of tactical media
practitioners.

Finishing School will be exhibiting TMC in =93Urban Networks=94, an
exhibit
organized by curator Susan Joyce for Art Interactive in Cambridge,
Massachusetts, USA in June 2006. The project will also be available
permanently at tacticalmediacookbook.net

PROPOSED INSTALLATION (Art Interactive)

The proposed TMC installation will consist of several computer
terminals and a bookbinding station.

TMC participants will be able to:
1. Browse the contents of the TMC.
2. Print desired essays and project recipes.
3. Assemble their own cookbook that they can keep for reference and
future use.

FS members will be on hand to conduct bookbinding workshops at the
opening reception; a how-to-video will be playing for the remainder of
the exhibition.

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

Finishing School is seeking (in English) concise and clear submissions

relevant to the following categories:

Tactical Media Theory
- Tell us what tactical media is
- How you use tactical media

Tactical Media Project Recipes
- Please try to keep the tactical media project descriptions brief, 500
word maximum

Directory of Tactical Media Practitioners
- Include preferred contact information and brief description of
practice/concerns

SUBMISSION FORMATS

All submissions need to be received by December 1, 2005 to be
considered for the project.
Text needs to be in =93 Word Document=94 format
Images need to be 300 dpi and in JPG or PDF format

Please email questions/submissions to contact_fs@yahoo.com

1. Can I submit to more then one category?

Yes.

2. Can I submit more then once in the same category?

Yes.

3. When will I know if my work has been accepted?

FS will post all accepted work by February 1, 2006 on the TMC site.

4. How will my submission be presented on the TMC site?

All accepted submissions will be reformatted by FS into linkable and
printable 8.5 x 11 inch PDF's.