amy franceschini on Thu, 22 Sep 2005 09:44:15 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> [call] Radio Forest Last CALL

SOUND RECORDINGS OF FORESTS
TO BE BROADCAST ON RADIO FOREST
LOCATION: NEERPELT, BELGIUM

Radio Forest is a radio station located in a forest in Neerpelt,
Belgium. The station will be broadcast throughout the forest and onto
a local highway, such that cars can tune in when they pass by. The
forest that surrounds this radio station is typical of many Belgian
forests, in that
the dominant sounds consist of passing cars, motorcycles and a
general roar of freeway noise. The project will debut during the
Klankinstallatiefestival in late September 2005 and remain as a
permanent installation. We are seeking audio samples of forests
worldwide. These sound
files will be broadcast via Radio Forest. The files will also be
Podcast and archived on the Radio Forest website.

*If you do not have access to a forest, we also accept sound files
that conceptually align with this project. For example, artist Jeff
Ray of San Francisco will contribute a monologue of a forest lore.

SEE SITE FOR CURRENT SUBMISSIONS
http://www.futurefarmers.com/radioforest/audioforest.html

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 27th, 2005

FORMAT: MP3'S or AIFF. Maximum 3 minutes

Include:
- Artist name
- Title of Piece
- Location of recording or composition
-1-2 sentence description
-(optional) url

-send to amy_AT_futurefarmers.com
--
Amy Franceschini, Founder
Futurefarmers: Cultivating Your Consciousness