We are making a few changes to Nettime-Ann, and would like you to be
involved in that process.
1. We need to stop categorizing the posts to the list. While this
has been a valuable part of Nettime-ann, the number of posts have
made this part of the process simply too time consuming.
2. We would like to start to do more curation of the posts. Of
course this brings up the endless question of what guidelines should
we use. What has been suggested so far is:
- reduced forwarding of regular newsletters
- no announcements unrelated to media culture
- no announcement where the context info is missing (ie. date, place,
Please let us know what guidelines you would want to have manage the
Announcements you receive through this channel. All suggestions,
thoughts, comments, feelings are welcome.
3. We need to start accepting emails with minimal amounts of HTML in
order to stay compatible with the wide range of email clients that we
support. This will take some transition, and we will ban posters
that abuse this aspect of the list.