Mason Dixon on Wed, 12 Apr 2006 21:46:59 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> proposal for Nettime-Ann

.

Hello,

We are making a few changes to Nettime-Ann, and would like you to be involved in that process.

1. We need to stop categorizing the posts to the list. While this has been a valuable part of Nettime-ann, the number of posts have made this part of the process simply too time consuming.

2. We would like to start to do more curation of the posts. Of course this brings up the endless question of what guidelines should we use. What has been suggested so far is:

- reduced forwarding of regular newsletters
- no announcements unrelated to media culture
- no announcement where the context info is missing (ie. date, place, url)

Please let us know what guidelines you would want to have manage the Announcements you receive through this channel. All suggestions, thoughts, comments, feelings are welcome.

3. We need to start accepting emails with minimal amounts of HTML in order to stay compatible with the wide range of email clients that we support. This will take some transition, and we will ban posters that abuse this aspect of the list.

Thanks for your time and participation.

Let us know what you think...

all the best,
mason, nettime-ann