Tabea Lurk on Wed, 17 May 2006 21:35:36 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> Invitation: Downdate # 1

.
Within this message we kindly invite you to the Media Art Conference

DOWNDATE # 1.
*/Performance and Media Art
caught between Art History and Visual Culture Studies/*
on Mai 15th to 17th 2006
at the Universität of Osnabrueck, Germany.

The key issues to be addressed by DOWNDATE # 1 focuses on the ambiguity between media based art forms and the and an increasingly demanding visual cultural and questions correlated to the nature of images. Recently discussed ideas and scientific concepts regarding pictures and images can be observed as enhanced by artistic experiences of action based practices like in performance and media art.

We are very pleased to welcome international experts on this very subject:
Prof. Dr. Marie-Luise Angerer, Lena Bader M.A., Dr. Anne Hamker, Katja Hoffmann M.A.,
Prof. Dr. Ryszard W. Kluszczynski, Dr. des. Verena Kuni M.A., Dr. Marga van Mechelen,
Dr. des. Petra Missomelius, Dr. Anja Osswald, Dr. Maciej Ozog,
Prof. Dr. Hans Ulrich Reck, Dr. Ingeborg Reichle, Dr. Gabriele Schmid, Dr. Jens Schröter,
Prof. Dr. Yvonne Spielmann and Prof. Dr. Peter Weibel.

Organizer:
Jun. Prof. Dr. Habil. Slavko Kacunko
Department of Cultural and Geoscience
Art History

Moderation:
Björn Brüggemann, Kerstin Fischer, Priv. Doz. Dr. Habil. Dawn Leach, Tabea Lurk,
Kathrin Meyer.

Please find more detailed informations at
http://www.media-art-conference.com/

The conference takes place at:
Kolpingstr. 7
Raum 01/B01
D-49074 Osnabrueck

Please notice that Downdate # 1 takes place immediately after the 19. th
European Media Art Festival (EMAF) in Osnabrück.
EMAF exhibits and discusses // SMART ART on Mai 10th to14th.

We would be very pleased to welcome you as our audience.
Enjoy the very media art summer in Osnabrück.

Cu soon
Tabea Lurk

--
Tabea Lurk M.A.

/////ZKM - Zentrum für Kunst und Medientechnologie Karlsruhe
/////ZKM - Center for Art and Media Karlsruhe
/////OASIS - Open Archiving System with Internet Sharing

Lorenzstr. 19
D-76135 Karlsruhe
Phone: +49/ 721/ 8100- 1885
lurk@zkm.de