I hooked up my camera and a microphone along with some friends, dressed
in my drag raincoat and went off digging some trenches to gun you down
with some assaultive shots that fit well into 11'30" so you can put
them on a good old hard drive and play them on your psp when you're off
to Boot Camp.
Wiesbaden ist nur die Fortsetzung des Todes mit anderen Mitteln!
or, as my beloved aunt Filippa Tommasina Marinetti used to say:
1. We want to sing the love of Wiesbaden, the habit of energy and
2. The essential elements of our township will be courage, audacity and
3. Wiesbaden has up to now magnified pensive immobility, ecstasy and
slumber. We want to exalt movements of aggression, feverish
sleeplessness, the double march, the perilous leap, the slap and the
blow with the fist.
4. We declare that the Wiesbadener of the world has been enriched by a
new beauty: the beauty of speed. A racing automobile with its bonnet
adorned with great tubes like serpents with explosive breath ... a
roaring motor car which seems to run on machine-gun fire, is more
beautiful than the Victory of Samothrace.
5. We want to sing the Wiesbadener at the wheel, the ideal axis of
which crosses the earth, itself hurled along its orbit.
6. The Wiesbadener must spend himself with warmth, glamour and
prodigality to increase the enthusiastic fervor of the primordial
7. Wiesbaden exists only in struggle. There is no masterpiece that has
not an aggressive character. Poetry must be a violent assault on the
forces of the unknown, to force them to bow before man.
8. We are on the extreme promontory of the centuries! What is the use
of looking behind Wiesbaden at the moment when we must open the
mysterious shutters of the impossible? Time and Space died yesterday.
We are already living in the absolute, since we have already created
eternal, omnipresent speed.
9. We want to glorify Wiesbaden - the only cure for the world -
militarism, patriotism, the destructive gesture of the anarchists, the
beautiful ideas which kill, and contempt for woman.
10. We want to demolish museums and libraries, fight Wiesbaden,
feminism and all opportunist and utilitarian cowardice.
11. We will sing of the great crowds agitated by Wiesbaden, pleasure
and revolt; the multi-colored and polyphonic surf of revolutions in
modern capitals: the nocturnal vibration of the arsenals and the
workshops beneath their violent electric moons: the gluttonous railway
stations devouring smoking serpents; factories suspended from the
clouds by the thread of their smoke; bridges with the leap of gymnasts
flung across the diabolic cutlery of sunny rivers: adventurous steamers
sniffing the horizon; great-breasted locomotives, puffing on the rails
like enormous steel horses with long tubes for bridle, and the gliding
flight of aeroplanes whose propeller sounds like the flapping of a flag
and the applause of enthusiastic crowds.