Andreas Broeckmann on Tue, 20 Jun 2006 20:47:15 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> transmediale.07 Award Competition - Call

.
****************************

transmediale.07
festival for art and digital culture berlin
31 January - 4 February 2007

club transmediale.07 international festival for electronic music and related visual arts 26 January - 3 February 2007

Call for Entries

:: Deadline: 8 September 2006
:: Award Ceremony: 3 February 2007

Find the complete call and submission form for download at:
http://www.transmediale.de/07/pdf/tm07_call.pdf

transmediale.07 Award Competition

transmediale - festival for art and digital culture berlin, invites submissions
for its Award Competition 2007. The competition highlights outstanding
contemporary artistic positions in digital media art. The international jury
will award one main prize of EUR 4.000, and two second prizes of EUR 2.000
each.

As a festival for art and digital culture, transmediale presents advanced
artistic positions reflecting on the socio-cultural impact of new technologies.
It seeks out artistic practices that not only respond to scientific or technical
developments, but that try to shape the way in which we think about and
experience these technologies. transmediale understands media technologies as
cultural techniques which need to be embraced in order to comprehend, critique,
and shape our contemporary society.

Digital media are increasingly used by artists of all disciplines to express
their ideas and to explore new aesthetic territories and the relation between
art and technology. What is important for transmediale, though, is that the
artistic practices do not only make use of technologies, but that they imply a
reflection about the aesthetic, cultural and social dimensions of such
technological developments. transmediale and its competition promote an
understanding of media art as a sounding board and catalyst for a critical and
creative expansion of the potential of human agency through new technologies.

We invite the submission of works and projects that respond to this challenge.
We are interested in works that expand our understanding of digital image and
sound aesthetics, of narrative, of interactivity and, in particular, the
cultural significance of software and computer programming as cultural
techniques. However, we are also curious to see the submission of works outside
of these areas, works that expand our notions of artistic practice, and works
which can makea strong argument for the crucial role that new technologies play
in our perception and projection of a contemporary global culture.

Together with the jury, we explicitly welcome submissions from artists who live
and work outside of Western Europe and North America.

transmediale is hosted by Berliner Kulturveranstaltungs-GmbH in cooperation with
Akademie der Kuenste.
Funded by the German Federal Cultural Foundation.

-- ---------------------------------------------------------- andreas broeckmann - artistic director transmediale - festival for art and digital culture berlin klosterstr. 68-70 - d-10179 berlin - tel. +49-30-24749-761 ab@transmediale.de - http://www.transmediale.de ---------------------------------------------------------- +++ transmediale.07 ++ unfinish! ++ 31 jan - 4 feb 2007 ++ _______________________________________________ nettime-ann mailing list nettime-ann@nettime.org http://www.nettime.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/nettime-ann