Erich Berger on Tue, 27 Jun 2006 20:22:47 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> Reminder: Call for artworks - INTERFACE and SOCIETY exhibition

.

                 CALL FOR ARTWORKS - please forward

INTERFACE and SOCIETY
a project by Atelier Nord http://anart.no

exhibition Nov.10th - Nov.19th 2006
at Henie Onstad Kunstsenter Oslo Norway.
http://anart.no/projects/interface-and-society/

Atelier Nord is looking for artworks/installations
concerning the transformation of our everyday live
through electronic interfaces (see details below).

APPLICATION DEADLINE 1st July 2006.

Please apply via email to sense@anart.no
subject: INTERFACE and SOCIETY exhibition
with the following information:

1) Project name / year of production
2) Artist name(s) + email / contact information
3) Short project description
4) Project URL + URL for online documentation (pdf, pictures, video)
5) Short CV

Alternatively you can send the requested information via snailmail to:

Atelier Nord
Lakkegata 55 D
N-0187 Oslo Norway
ad: INTERFACE and SOCIETY exhibition

INTERFACE and SOCIETY

In our everyday life we constantly have to cope more or less successfully
with interfaces. We use the mobile phone, the mp3 player, and our laptop,
in order to gain access to the digital part of our life. In recent years
this situation has lead to the creation of new interdisciplinary subjects
like "Interaction Design" or "Physical Computing".

We live between two worlds, our physical environment and the digital
space. Technology and its digital space are our second nature and the
interfaces are our points of access to this technosphere.

Since artists started working with technology they have been developing
interfaces and modes of interaction. The interface itself became an
artistic thematic.

The project INTERFACE and SOCIETY investigates how artists deal with
the transformation of our everyday life through technical interfaces.
With the rapid technological development a thoroughly critique of the
interface towards society is necessary.

The role of the artist is thereby crucial. S/he has the freedom to
deal with technologies and interfaces beyond functionality and usability.
The project INTERFACE and SOCIETY is looking at this development
with a special focus on the artistic contribution.