autonomy on Wed, 16 Aug 2006 18:40:07 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> project "netarts.org 2006." Call for nomination.

.

"Project netarts.org 2006" - Ist announcement

1. The "Project netarts.org 2006"

2. Call for the nomination

3. Nomination Form

4. The schedule

1. The "Project netarts.org 2006"

>From 1995 to 2003, The Machida City Museum of Graphic Arts hosted the "
Art on the Net" project promoting the Internet as a space for artistic
expression. After the nine years of "Art on the Net," we launched a new
event called the "Project Netarts.org" 2004. The "Project netarts.org"
has been calling on artists around the world to investigate together the
relationship between Art, the Internet and the Society.

The Exhibition section of the project will feature recent developments
in Internet Art and is open to all forms of creative expression that use
the Internet as their primary medium.

Although this project is focused on the latest developments in the field
of Internet Art, we are also very interested in considering
contributions that reflect the influence of Internet Art production on
the wider fields of Media-Art, Digital Art, curatorial practice, digital
pedagogy, and online publishing.

2. Call for the nomination.

This year, the artworks for the exhibition and the "netarts.org 2006
prize" will be chosen by our Selection Committee. The members of our
committee are;

Mark Amerika, Susan Hazen, Agnese Trocchi, Marco Deseriis, Zeljko Blace
and You Minowa.

The theme this year is "Tagging the Present." The members will make
their own nominations, but we will accept nominations from the web also.
Please send your nomination to us directly to nominate@netarts.org . DO
NOT SEND YOUR NOMINATIONS TO SELECTION COMMITTEE MEMBERS.

The prize fee for the top selection will be 200,000 yen.

3. Nomination Form

To nominate, please e-mail the following information to us directly:

1. The URL address of your nomination

2. If you are the copyright holder of the nomination, your name,
physical Address, phone number/fax. number, e-mail address are required.

4. The schedule

We will accept nominations by mail from 15th, July 2006 to 15th, Sept.
2006.

The award-winning artwork will be selected by 30th Sept. The exhibition
will be launched 15th, Nov. 2006. We will soon announce some physical
events to take place in Nov. at the Machida City Museum of Graphic Arts,
Tokyo.

For more information, please visit at our website, http://www.netarts.org
 .

We are waiting for your nomination.