It's LIQUID on Tue, 24 Oct 2006 04:29:53 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> [It's LIQUID News] Wishing for Synchronicity: Works by Pipilotti Rist

.
Title: Untitled Document
It's LIQUID News

Pipilotti Rist
Wishing for Synchronicity: Works by Pipilotti Rist

Dates: On View Through January 14, 2007

Location: Contemporary Arts Museum Houston, USA

Wishing for Synchronicity: Works by Pipilotti Rist
Explores Career and Influence of Boundary-Breaking Artist

Contemporary Arts Museum Houston presents first u.s. survey exhibition for swiss video artist Pipilotti Rist

HOUSTON, Texas ? This fall, the Contemporary Arts Museum Houston presents Wishing for Synchronicity: Works by Pipilotti Rist, the first comprehensive U.S. survey of the seminal work of the Swiss video artist. Organized by curator Paola Morsiani, the project brings together Rist?s most significant work from the mid-1980s to the present. Wishing for Synchronicity: Works by Pipilotti Rist is on view through January 14, 2007, touring nationally following its Houston presentation.

?Pipilotti Rist is a tremendously innovative and distinctly personal voice in contemporary art. As a master of her chosen media, she uses her large and small projections to place the viewer within her world, provoking the contemplation of broad issues through her individual actions,? said Contemporary Arts Museum Houston Director Marti Mayo. ?We are proud to have organized her first survey exhibition in the U.S. for our diverse regional, national and international audiences, thereby continuing the Museum?s almost 60-year tradition of presenting the best and most exciting art of our time.?

 Wishing for Synchronicity: Works by Pipilotti Rist includes eight of Rist?s early single-channel videos, six large projections, and three additional works. The exhibition features a selection of significant works spanning her career, such as I?m Not the Girl Who Misses Much (1986) and Sip My Ocean (1996), in which pleasurable images and music quickly become metaphors for hysteria and suffocation, and Ever is Overall (1997), in which the camera follows a female walking through city streets, smashing car windows with an iron flower as she meanders.

?Through her use of video, Rist combines the worlds of art history and mass culture to create her own visual language,? said exhibition curator Paola Morsiani. ?She uses this convergence to intelligently explore the power of our mind and its connection to the body as well as the pervasiveness of our sexual experience and its link to our mortality; and she expresses her profound empathy and hope for the times in which we live.?

Rist recently accepted a prestigious commission to create the visual identity for The Armory Show 2007, The International Fair of New Art, to be held next February in New York City.

Rist was born in 1962 in Switzerland, and studied at the Academy of Applied Arts in Vienna, Austria and the School for Design in Basel, Switzerland. Her work has been shown at the Venice Biennale; the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art; the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art, Tokyo; the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York; and the Museum of Contemporary Art, Chicago. She lives and works in Zurich, Switzerland.

It's LIQUID News is an e-mail announcement service that provides information about exhibitions at some of the world's leading art galleries selected. It's LIQUID News reaches the combined audiences of International Art Fairs, galleries, museums, and is thus a powerful tool for getting directly to this influential audience with information about exhibition programs and other events.

International galleries, museums, institutions, private and public groups, artists, architects, designers, are invited to join It's LIQUID News service. Each advertisement takes the form of an e-mail announcement, and features a press release, an image, and a link to the announcer's website. Announcements are distributed directly to over 60,000 international collectors, consultants, advisers, critics, writers, curators, dealers and other visual arts professionals. Database demographics: 40% in North America, 45% in Europe, 15% in other locations (South America, Australia, Japan, etc.).

Additionally all announcements are permanently archived on It's LIQUID web site, creating a valuable research resource of some of the most important events world wide. It's LIQUID News offers an unprecedented opportunity for participating clients to reach the most dynamic members of the community of professionals worldwide.

If you are interested in our services, or you want to open an It's LIQUID office in your city, please contact us at support@itsliquid.com.

Thanks for all,
It's LIQUID Group
more details. www.itsliquid.com

It's LIQUID

This e-mail is sent by It's LIQUID Group. It is confidential and protected by law. Any un-authorized use or distribution of information here contained is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, notify the sender immediately. This e-mail address is strictly of use and property of the author. To unsubscribe click here.

Per cancellarti da questo gruppo clicca qui

L'utilizzo di domeus ? definito dai Termini e Condizioni di eCircle Srl