CULTURETV on Tue, 30 Jan 2007 21:10:05 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> CULTURETV News and playlist

.
Title: Welcome by CULTURETV

\\ ON AIR 29 January 2007

CULTURETV Video podcasting available

  1. 'We' by Anon (NZL)
  2. Camera Lucida: Sonochemical Observatory By Evelina Domnitch and Dmitry Gelfand until 03.02 V2, Rotterdam (NL)
  3. 'El Gringo' by Francis Alÿs (B/Mex)
  4. Netmage 07 trailer 02.02. Ferrara (I)
  5. SLOWSAND by Christophe Beaucourt (Fr)
  6. Methusalem by Cathy Vogan (FR)
  7. Unfinish! Transmediale trailer, Berlin (D)
  8. City Paradise by Gaelle Denis (UK)
  9. Untitled by Amy Kamala Fiske (USA)
  10. Picasso at work A film trailer for the Minotauromachy exhibition LACMA
  11. Clear Sky Black Cloud The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, USA - 2006 Cia Guo-Qiang

Our format is 1-3 min. videos. But sometimes we make an exception. And this week we will present on thursday 1th of february a special called " We" made by an anonymous producer in New Zealand. It is a really underground art production of 64 minutes. So stay tuned on this coming thursday and watch this impressive video.

Until V2, Rotterdam (NL) shows Sonochemical Observatory by Evelina Domnitch and Dmitry Gelfand.

Recently the Belgian, but in Mexico living, artist Francis Alÿs rejected an important Belgian art prize. His argument was that it had to go to an young artist. We added his video 'El Gringo' to this week playlist.

And one of the first videos called SLOWSAND of Christophe Beaucourt where he started to use free hand light sketch pictures on the film.

"We" is a free documentary produced by an anonymous producer in New Zealand.  He goes by the name “anon”. "This is an unusual kind of underground production. An anonymous sympathiser has edited a video recording of Roy’s speech over 64 minutes, interspersing an impressive array of archival footage to illustrate themes and specific historical events. Contemporary music overlaid throughout the piece shifts the mood and quickens the pace. The result is a visual essay rather than a traditional documentary, perfectly suited to its creator’s intentions, which is to spread the anti-imperialist, social justice politics of Arundhati Roy everywhere." "We" is a free documentary produced by an anonymous producer in New Zealand.  He goes by the name “anon”.

/Camera Lucida/ is an immersive spatial art work creating a fleeting ephemeral materiality by intersecting ultrasound with hyperlight … in essence creating an unstable sonic aurora. Developed in collaboration with numerous physics research labs the 'observatory', a transparent gas-filled chamber, converts sound waves into visible light by employing a phenomenon known as sonoluminescence. Here, gaseous micro-bubbles injected within a fluid medium are blasted with ultrasound causing them to implode, at which point they become as hot as the sun and release light energy in the form of sound waves. By modulating, or 'playing' the ultrasonic transducers attached to the glass chamber an ever-changing sonochemical environment, visible only within a sheath of extreme darkness, emerges.

'El Gringo' by Francis Alÿs (B/Mex). Francis Alÿs was born in 1959 in Antwerp, Belgium, and currently lives in Mexico City. His projects include Paradox of Praxis (1997), for which the artist pushed a block of ice through the streets of Mexico City until it melted, and, most recently, When Faith Moves Mountains (2002), in which 500 people at Ventanilla, outside Lima, Peru, formed a single line at the foot of a giant sand dune and moved it four inches using shovels.

Christophe Beaucourt aka Boc, 33, based in Paris, is using still and motion pictures since 1996 as a photographer/director /cameraman/editor and sometimes as a journalist and graphic designer he worked for 16mm snowboard video for a while. from 2001 he practices mainly in street art sometimes as a photographer for press magazine & sometimes as a director he made 26mn length documentaries on stencil artist Epsylon Point & Blek le Rat and some super8 short experimental documentaires some was selected at FLUXUS 2005. Since 1997, he's worked on a photography project which could be described as free hand light sketch pictures on argentic film with no effect. since then, SLOWSAND (in inaccurracies of the mind machine) video is the first piece of stop motion involving those blue light characters. it s about lonely people wasting time at night. In 2006, SLOWSAND was selected at Paris/Berlin International Meetings, International Festival of Abstract Movie of Roma, and Optica Art video International Festival of Gijon (Spain).
right now, he s finishing the post production of his 1st short footage movie named "SOMBRERO".

Have a nice week,

CULTURETV

Get involved
Forward email