Arno Scharl on Sun, 1 Apr 2007 00:51:39 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> I-MEDIA 2007: Extended Submission Deadline (16 April)

.

Extended Submission Deadline: April 16, 2007

FIRST INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON NEW MEDIA TECHNOLOGY
5-7 September 2007; Graz, Austria

http://i-media.tugraz.at/

Media technologies are currently facing challenges and opportunities
arising from a number of trends: Under the Web 2.0 umbrella, social
aspects of software are gaining importance, and a new focus on simplicity
in user interface design is taking hold. New display devices (e.g.
e-paper) and client software (e.g. geo-browsers) revolutionize the
production and consumption of media products. At the same time, semantic
technologies are maturing to the point of broad adoption.

Acknowledging these fundamental changes, I-MEDIA will bring together
researchers, technology start-ups and established media companies in a
multi-disciplinary setting to discuss and shape the future of media
technology.

Kind regards,

Frank Kappe, Arno Scharl, Klaus Tochtermann, Werner Haas
I-MEDIA Conference Chairs (i-media@know-center.at)