Geert Dekkers on Thu, 25 Oct 2007 14:06:16 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> nznl.com digest, Oct 18, 2007 - Oct 24, 2007

.
nznl.com digest
Oct 18, 2007 - Oct 24, 2007
Posts  1958 - 1964

http://nznl.com
rss http://nznl.com/geert/nznl.xml
macosx only screensaver at http://graphics.nznl.org/nznl_com_screensaver.dmg (>95MB)

1958. Oct 18, 2007
INTERLUDE, 2011, INTERLUDE
flash movie
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071018

1959. Oct 19, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (IDENTITY PERSISTING THROUGH CHANGE)
flash movie
# making
# talking
# machining
say -v Vicki  "identity persisting through change"
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071019

1960. Oct 20, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (SKY BLUE)
flash movie
"When I was younger, I was very interested in film. At my school the New Media Lab had its own library. Rolling cabinets held thousands of video tapes. I imagined how one could make a film using only clips from these tapes. But when searching for one's perfect sky-blue, how could one ever find it?"
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071020

1961. Oct 21, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (CHALICE)
flash movie
"Did you know that I too, have been an artist? In the year before I applied for the National Police Academy, and as I had always been interested in the Arts, I set up studios in a disused signwriters shop, with help from my parents. Mind you, I had received no formal training as an artist. For the first weeks, I was at a loss what to do. I had bought no equipment or materials, so I had only what was left in the old signwriters storage. There was a pile of old lumber in the back, and from that I fashioned a crude stretcher with a crossbar for strength. An old army blanket I found in a locker served as a canvas, which I nailed onto the the stretcher. So then I had a perfectly good canvas, albeit somewhat heavy, quite large, about my height. A receptacle, I thought. Retracing the production process in my mind, the construction of the stretchers' crossbar reminding me of the Cross of the Lord Jezus, the army blanket reminding me of His Warmth, and the concept of the receptacle reminding me of the Holy Communion. So, finding a tin of gold paint, I traced a chalice."
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071021

1962. Oct 22, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (INTERLUDE)
flash movie
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071022

1963. Oct 23, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (ZERKALO)
flash movie
"Some time ago, I visited a friend in the city. We went to a movie house together, to watch a European film. It was Andrei Tarkovski's Zer-kalo, a film I know quite well as I did an essay on it when I was still studying. But I was surprised to discover that I had never heard the original Russian. I'd watched the film many dozens of times, and as I was studying, my love for the script, for the images, and for the music, grew, and grew. But I was loving the German translation, never knowing my loss."
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071023

1964. Oct 24, 2007
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071024