Mason Dixon on Tue, 12 Aug 2008 19:26:39 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> Fwd: Art for Obama

.

MoveOn is hosting a 2D & 3D Art for Obama contest:

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Peter Koechley, MoveOn.org Political Action" <moveon-help@list.moveon.org>
Date: August 2, 2008 2:25:51 PM CDT
To: "mason dixon" <xchicago@gmail.com>
Subject: Art for Obama

Want to show off your artistic talents while helping Barack Obama win in November? Just click below to learn more about the Manifest Hope Gallery contest, and sign up for updates:

Sign up for updates

Dear MoveOn member,

The "Yes We Can" video by will.i.am. The 1000+ positive Obama ads created by MoveOn members. The iconic Obama "HOPE" poster created by artist Shepard Fairey.

Barack Obama's historic candidacy has sparked an unprecedented artistic outpouring. Now, in partnership with Shepard Fairey and his Obey Giant collective, we're offering a new way for artists—anyone with a pen and paper qualifies—to share their talents and help elect Barack Obama at the same time.

It's called Manifest Hope, and it's a new Obama art contest for 2D and 3D art, from painting to photography to sculpture. The winners will be shown at the Manifest Hope Gallery online and in Denver during the Democratic convention alongside works from dozens of established and influential artists.

If you think you might want to enter, or want updates on the contest, please let us know here:

http://pol.moveon.org/mh/signup/?id=13385-5249008-gSvvO8x&t=3

If not, can you pass this on to friends of yours who might be interested?

Anyone can enter. You don't have to be Picasso, you just need to be inspired by Barack Obama and willing to donate your creativity and time to the cause.

But you need to get started soon. The final submissions deadline is August 18th at 11:59 a.m. ET. That's not much time to conceive and create a piece of art, so get started today.

All submissions will be judged by a distinguished panel of judges—artists from Obey Giant, contemporary art curators, and multi-talented musicians. Finalists will be asked to auction off their pieces, and donate the proceeds to progressive organizations.

Denver will be buzzing during the convention, but this gallery is going to be one of the coolest places to visit there. Plus, the gallery's going to have an amazing party with live performances by Death Cab For Cutie, Moby, and Clap Your Hands Say Yeah.

We're not going to send any more emails to the full MoveOn list before the submission deadline. So if there's any chance you might be interested, you have to sign up for contest updates now:

http://pol.moveon.org/mh/signup/?id=13385-5249008-gSvvO8x&t=4

Thanks for all you do.

–Peter, Karin, Laura, Ilyse and the rest of the team

P.S. It's okay to enter a piece of art you've already created, as long as you're willing to offer it up for auction if it becomes a finalist. If you're ready to enter right now, you can upload your entry here:

http://pol.moveon.org/mh/enter/?id=13385-5249008-gSvvO8x&t=5

Want to support our work? We're entirely funded by our 3.2 million members—no corporate contributions, no big checks from CEOs. And our tiny staff ensures that small contributions go a long way. Chip in here.

PAID FOR BY MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION, http://pol.moveon.org/. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. This email was sent to mason dixon on August 2, 2008. To change your email address or update your contact info, click here. To remove yourself from this list, click here.