Myriam Thyes on Thu, 23 Oct 2008 07:03:07 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> RE-IMAGINING ANIMATION - a new AVA book by Paul Wells and Johnny Hardstaff (UK)

.
Dear friends of video art and animation,

FLAG METAMORPHOSES is featured in a great, reflective and colourful
new book!
I warmly recommend it to artists, animators, curators, students,
teachers, professors, art lovers:

RE-IMAGINING ANIMATION

by Paul Wells and Johnny Hardstaff (UK). AVA Publishing SA, Lausanne,
2008.
ISBN: 2-940373-69-8 and 978-2-940373-69-7
Distribution in Europe: Thames & Hudson, www.thamesandhudson.com
Distribution in USA/Canada: Watson-Guptill, www.watsonguptill.com

The text about Flag Metamorphoses in this book is based on a
comprehensive email interview, which Paul Wells made with me last
year. Professor Paul Wells is the Director of the Animation Academy
at Loughborough University in the UK, and has published a number of
books in the field of animation, including 'Understanding Animation'
and 'Fundamentals of Animation'. www.animationacademy.co.uk

_______________________

INVITATIONS:

CARIBBEAN CARNIVALS will be shown at:
Xperimental Film & Video Festival, Nicosia, Cyprus, Nov. 22, 2008.
www.pantheonxperimental.org

VIRTUAL THERAPY is shown at:
Simultan04 Festival, Timisoara, Romania, Oct. 23-25, 2008.
www.simultan.org
Les Instants Vidéo, Beirut, Lebanon, Oct. 24, 2008.
www.instantsvideo.com
Urban Screens 08, Melbourne, Australia, Oct. 3-8, 2008.
www.urbanscreens08.net

Best regards,

Myriam Thyes

Himmelgeister Str. 107 F