AfriCOAE on Sun, 21 Jun 2009 20:27:37 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> The Kumasi Symposium: JUNE 19 UPDATES

.
Dear Colleague,

Greetings! I write to provide you with updates on our preparation for
the 2009 Kumasi Symposium, as follows:

(i) The travel direction to the city of Kumasi is as in the symposium
pre-registration form. But if you would like us to pick you up at the
Kokota International Airport at Accra, or the Kumasi airport, we need
you to confirm the date of your arrival, and detail of your flight
(that includes the airline, flight #, and time of arrival at Kokota or
Kumasi). We will send someone to meet you at the airport, displaying
your name on a placard, as it is often done at the Airport. In case
you would rather like “The Kumasi Symposium” to appear on the placard
in place of your name, kindly say so when you give us the rest of your
flight details.

(ii) If you proposed to present in any of the Plenary Sessions/
Roundtables, and have not sent the “full-paper” of your planned
presentation to Dr. Mariama Ross (of the Art Education program at
KNUST) at mommymariross@yahoo.com, you need to do so quickly. We need
to have a clear idea of your presentation to better organize the
event.

(iii) Attached is a sample schedule for Hannimari Jokinen and Gordon
Uhlmann (afrika-hamburg.de) for their Multi-Day Workshop on Wednesday,
August 5, 2009. You can contact Hannimari and Gordon vai
info@afrika-hamburg.de.

(iv) CURIO KIOSK PROJECTS SITES:
KNUST Commune- The open space fronting the Commercial Area of KNUST
(banks, food market, bookshop, car park, etc. location) have already
been identified as the major campus site. Kumasi Market Commune- A
market within the Kumasi Township (AHINSAN MARKET or AYIGYA MARKET)
will be the second site. Arrangement can be made for additional sites,
if it best suites your kiosk context- you could do the selection
yourself, upon arrival.

I am of the expections that it will be a mutually rewarding experience
for the local and the international colleagues. An additional update
may follow; otherwise, see you all at KNUST in just a few weeks.

Good wishes,
Barthosa Nkurumeh, AfriCOAE General Secretary
(Artist and Educator, ILAC- College of Education, University of Oklahoma)
Project Web sites: http://afropoets.tripod.com/eta,
http://www.focusonthearts.org