Nettime mailing list archives

<nettime-ann> ISEA2010 RUHR - call deadline POSTPONED to 25 Sept
Andreas Broeckmann on Mon, 14 Sep 2009 18:27:54 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> ISEA2010 RUHR - call deadline POSTPONED to 25 Sept

Dear friends,

ISEA2010 RUHR, the 16th International Symposium
on Electronic Art, will take place in the cities
of the German Ruhr area from 20 - 29 August 2010.

Due to many requests we have postponed the deadline for our Call for Submissions to

This will give people an extra 10 days to prepare and edit their submissions. We invite proposals for conference papers, artist presentations, exhibition projects, live performances, and art projects in public space, from visual artists, musicians, dancers, designers, engineers, software artists, researchers, theorists, media activists, and hybrids of these, working with recent technologies and exploring the artistic, creative and critical potentials of digital and electronic media.

The submission platform of ISEA2010 RUHR is available at

All submissions will be peer-reviewed by an International Review Committee. The results of the jury process and invitations for ISEA2010 RUHR are expected by the end of 2009. Successful submissions will be published in the proceedings.

Please, note that there will not be a second general call like this. If you want to submit to ISEA2010, please, submit by 25 September!

Other news:

On a new archive website, comprehensive information is now availabe about all previous ISEA editions: http://www.isea-webarchive.org

We post a monthly newsletter to keep you updated
about the preparations (please, subscribe through the website).
Below, you will again find hints to related events going on in the Ruhr region this autumn.

ISEA2010 RUHR is a project of Ruhr.2010 -
European Capital of  Culture. ISEA2010 RUHR is
hosted by Medienwerk NRW and organised under the
auspices of the ISEA Foundation. Funded by
Ruhr.2010 - Cultural Capital of Europe, the State
Chancellory of North Rhine Westphalia, and the
City of Dortmund. Supported by the Kunststiftung NRW.

CONTACT: ISEA2010 RUHR, c/o HMKV, Güntherstraße 65,
44143 Dortmund, Germany, info {AT} isea2010ruhr.org

RECOMMENDED EVENTS in and around the Ruhr region

Arto Lindsay, Richard Siegal / The Bakery: Muscle
Dance performance
PACT Zollverein, Essen
11 September, 20.00 h

University of Bonn
15 - 18 September 2009

Cologne and Bonn
28 October - 1 November 2009

contemporary art ruhr 09 - the innovative art fair
galerie/agentur 162, Welterbe Zeche Zollverein, Essen
30 October - 1 November 2009

Exh. ?Awake Are Only The Spirits" - On Ghosts and Their Media
Hartware Media Art Association, Dortmund
until 18 October 2009

Exh. Industrial Land Art
Skulpturenmusem Glaskasten Marl
until 25 October 2009

Video Art in Germany 2
Ludwig Forum, Aachen
19 September - 15 November 2009

Exh. Harun Farocki
Museum Ludwig, Köln
31 October 2009 - 7 March 2010

Exh. Codes and Clowns: Claude Shannon - the juggling scientist
Heinz Nixdorf Museumsforum, Paderborn
6 November 2009 - 28 February 2010

To stay informed about the programmes of the
member organisations of Medienwerk NRW, please

RUHR.2010 - European Capital of Culture

nettime-ann mailing list
nettime-ann {AT} nettime.org