Soenke Zehle on Fri, 6 Nov 2009 05:20:25 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> IRIE on Ethics of Waste in the Information Society - Network Ecologies

.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rafael Capurro <rafael@capurro.de>
Date: 2009/11/3
Subject: [icie] IRIE on Ethics of Waste in the Information Society
To: "icie@zkm.de" <icie@zkm.de>, Social Research Social Research
<SocRes@newschool.edu>

Dear ICIE colleagues,

we have delivered IRIE on "Ethics of Waste in the Information Society"
http://www.i-r-i-e.net/current_issue.htm

Thanks to the Guest Editors, Matthias Feilhauer and Soenke Zehle, as
well as to all contributors for their wonderful work.

We have included an ad from the journal Social Research regarding the
conference "Limiting Knowledge in a Democracy" (Febr. 24-26, 2010, The
New School in NYC). This journal will post an ad about IRIE in its
next issue. You will find this ad in the website as well as inside the
pdf file with the full text of the papers.

Our next issue on "ICT & the City" will be edited by Michael
Nagenborg, Anders Albrechtslund, Martin Klamt and David Murakami Wood.
See the CfP at:  http://www.i-r-i-e.net/call_for_papers.htm

We are planning a (German speaking) workshop on the matter of this
IRIE issue that will be organized by Soenke in Saarbrücken probably in
May 2010. If you would like to know more about this, please send an
email Soenke <s.zehle@mx.uni-saarland.de>

best regards,

Rafael

--
Prof. Dr. Rafael Capurro
Hochschule der Medien (HdM), Germany
Director, Steinbeis-Transfer-Institute Information Ethics (STI-IE), Germany
Information Ethics Senior Fellow, 2009-2010, Center for Information
Policy Research, School of Information Studies, University of
Wisconsin-Milwaukee, USA
Distinguished Researcher in Information Ethics, School of Information
Studies, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, USA
Postal Address: Redtenbacherstr. 9, 76133 Karlsruhe, Germany
E-Mail: rafael@capurro.de
Voice: + 49 - 721 - 98 22 9 - 22 (Fax: -21)
Homepage: www.capurro.de
STI-IE: http://sti-ie.de
ICIE: http://icie.zkm.de
IRIE: http://www.i-r-i-e.net