Julian Oliver on Mon, 18 Jan 2010 16:42:53 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> // CFP: Augmented Reality Adbusting, Transmediale 2010 //

.

Hallo!

The Artvertiser is looking for artwork to exhibit on urban billboards during
Transmediale 2010 in Berlin.

We are seeking interesting 2D artworks that criticise, recontextualize and remix
the urban advertisements of Berlin. If you are tired of seeing street
advertisements - and want to say something about it - this call is for you!

Rather than painting over billboards directly, The Artvertiser uses a digital
technique called Augmented Reality: by looking through our specially engineered
digital binoculars, users of the system will see artwork instead of
advertisements in the city of Berlin.

Your fully credited work will be presented in video documentation in the main
'Future Obscura' exhibition at Transmediale 2010 and also seen during an 'art
walk' in the streets of Berlin during the festival.

Here are the steps to contributing:

1/ Visit http://www.flickr.com/photos/theartvertiser/sets/72157623233484340/ and
pick an advertisement. Alternatively, take a good photo of an advert somewhere
in the A|B metro zone of Berlin and work with that.

2/ Using Gimp, Photoshop, a video editor or pen and paper - remix, alter or
produce something entirely new that relates to the advert in question.

3/ Mail your work, or a link to to your work, to theartvertiser@gmail.com before
January 26th. Be sure to include your artist name and a title for the piece.

PNG, JPEG and AVI movies up to 30 seconds in length are OK. If possible, be sure
to send us work in an aspect ratio that is similar to the advert in the image..

Once we have your contribution we'll take our Billboard Interception Binoculars
out on the street and substitute the advert with your work, making a video of
the result.

Please visit http://theartvertiser.com for more info about the project,
alongside the to-be-confirmed location of the art walk taking place during the
festival.

Looking forward!

The Artvertiser Team