Fabio Paolizzo on Tue, 30 Mar 2010 19:43:25 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> Interactivity and the Audio Arts - call for submissions

.
Interactivity and the Audio Arts

One-Day Conference at the University of Kent, UK

Wednesday 9th June 2010

Keynote speaker: François Pachet, Sony CSL-Paris

Call for submissions

In our contemporary age, computer technologies play an ever-increasing role in our lives.  These technologies bring with them new concerns and ideas, causing us to adjust our frames of reference and re-evaluate old thoughts and practices.  This event will explore human-computer interaction, machine learning, environments and interfaces, performance and programming issues, aesthetics and user-experience.

Papers are invited from musicians, audio artists, sound designers, theorists and thinkers who investigate the subject of interactivity in its various manifestations.

Practical and technical demonstrations of creative work, developing technologies and interfaces are also welcome, and there will be separate spaces available for these during the day.

There is no charge for attending the conference and lunch will be provided.

All papers and demonstrations will be given a 30-minute slot.  To submit, please email a 300-word abstract and any accompanying audio/video files to p.d.fretwell@kent.ac.uk .  Postal address: Dr Paul Fretwell, School of Arts: Music and Audio, Medway Building, University of Kent, Chatham Maritime, Kent.  ME4 4AG. UK.

DEADLINE for submissions: Friday 23rd April 2010

Decisions will be made by Friday 30th April 2010

Conference: Wednesday 9th June 2010
--

Fabio Paolizzo
Email: info@fabiopaolizzo.com    Web: http://fabiopaolizzo.com    Skype: fabio.paolizzo