Nettime mailing list archives

<nettime-ann> NoTube Contest 2010
dapx on Thu, 29 Apr 2010 20:48:00 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> NoTube Contest 2010

Ladies and gentlemen,
The NoTube Contest 2010 is over. The jurors have cast their votes. The
world has a new winner.
IOCOSE chose five finalists. They were

- --
Elsa Denoux - pfiou!

Matteo Vezzali â Video007

Matthieu Grimault - Too late night in Tel Aviv

Chiara Fumagalli - lara 000000000000000000000000000000000000000

FranÃois Barrà - max le casos
- --

Out of this fine selection, the jury had the hard task of choosing the
most valueless submission. Franco âBifoâ Berardi, Konrad Becker and
Patrick Lichty, after close inspection, came to the conclusion that
there could be only one winner.
We are proud to announce that the 2010 winner of the NoTube Contest is
- --
Matthieu Grimault

âToo late night in Tel Avivâ

- --

Our most sincere congratulations!

Here are the jury comments:

*Konrad Becker*: âHardly visual information, and mysterious - the
drawback is that it provides a descriptive title - but the transcript
of conversation adds extra meaninglessness...â
Patrick Lichty*: âWhen considering the finalists, I found it difficult
to evaluate in terms of utter valuelessness, abjection, and non
descriptness. Anything with a figure in it engendered far too much
affect or desire to contextualize the mis en scene. The winner, âToo
Late in Tel Aviv" gave just enough information to establish a theme,
but gave absolutely no context nor real visual information to give it
any depth".

*Bifo*: âFrom any point of view this is the most effective, which
means the most unreadable, the most a-significant, which means the
best _expression_ of the present, which means the best _expression_ of
ânothingâ. Nothing is the core of it: darkness and a small light,
which are neither hope, nor a possibility or a way out, but just
nothing. By a philosophical point of view this is the deepest nothing
I ever saw. Especially because all this happens in the outskirts of
Tel Aviv, and this is absolutely evident reading the image, which is

Matthieu Grimault is the new NoTube Contest champion.
We hope you all experienced boredom and emptiness as much as we did!
See you in 2011!

More Info at

iocose.org <http://www.iocose.org>

The IOCOSE team