Doug Henwood on Mon, 31 Jan 2011 22:38:05 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> new radio product

.
BEHIND THE NEWS with Doug Henwood

"Best Music on an Economics & Politics Radio Show"
Village Voice Best of NYC 2005

Just posted to my radio archive
<http://www.leftbusinessobserver.com/Radio.html>:

January 29, 2011 Mark LeVine of the University of California–Irvine (and author of Heavy Metal Islam) and GIlbert Achcar of SOAS (and author of The Arabs and the Holocaust) talk (separately) about the popular uprisings in the Middle East • Bhaskar Sunkara on the new magazine he edits, Jacobin

it joins:
--------

January 22, 2011 Nicholas Carr, author of The Shallows, on what the web is doing to our brains and minds • Robert Fatton, author of Haiti’s Predatory Republic, on Baby Doc’s return, the failure to recover from earthquake, the horrid class system

January 15, 2011 Mark Ames, author of Going Postaland editor of The Exiled, on Tucson and how the U.S. is like a decaying Russia • Jefferson Cowie, author of Stayin' Alive: The 1970s and the Last Days of the Working Class, on the 1970s

January 8, 2011 (return after holiday reruns) Tyson Slocum of Public Citizen on the state of energy and climate politics in DC • Lucia Green-Weiskel, author of this Nation piece, on Cancún and Chinese energy and climate politics

December 18, 2010 Lucas Zeise, columnist with Financial Times Deutschland, on why Germany is taking such a hard line on the eurocrisis • Jodi Dean, keeper of the I Cite blog and author of Blog Theory, on what digital culture is doing to our minds, our politics, and our society

December 11, 2010 Elizabeth Currid-Halkett, author of Starstruck, on celebrity today • Joshua Holland, author of The Fifteen Biggest Lies About the Economy, talks about several of those lies (for the rest, buy the book)

December 4, 2010 Rebecca Thiess of the Economic Policy Institute on “progressive” deficit reduction (see her issue brief here) • Kyle Ash of Greenpeace on the climate negotiations in Cancún

November 27, 2010 Paul Street on the Tea Party, the dismalness of the Dems, and Obama’s elegant personal fit with that dismalness • Cordelia Fine, author of Delusions of Gender, on how all those claims of biological roots to differences between men & women are nonsense

---

Doug Henwood
Producer, Behind the News
Saturdays, 10-11 AM, KPFA, Berkeley 94.1 FM
"best music on a show about economics & politics" - Village Voice

podcast: <http://shout.lbo-talk.org/lbo/radio-feed.php>
iTunes: <http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=73801817>
or <http://tinyurl.com/3bsaqb>
Facebook group: <http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=53240558375>.