jeremy hunsinger on Thu, 3 Mar 2011 19:20:55 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> Extended Deadline - Information Science and Social Media conference, 24.-26. August 2011 in Åbo/Turku, Finland

.
Distribute as appropriate -jh

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> Due to many requests we are extending the abstract submission deadline
> for ISSOME2011 conference until the 31st March 2011.
>
> The aim of the first ISSOME conference is to address new modes of
> information behaviour in different contexts focusing the effects of
> social media and technologies in the interactive web. The change process
> is not always straight forward and we need to underline what is really
> changing and what is only a trend. The conference will discuss skills
> needed to manage the new information platform and how to develop needed
> competencies in the information society.
>
> The conference is open to researchers, academics and practitioners in
> the fields of library and information science and social media, as well
> as businesses and organizations developing social media strategies. The
> conference will host invited and contributed papers sessions.
>
> In conjunction with the conference will also be organized a Doctoral
> Forum. This offers a possibility for doctoral students to share their
> ongoing research projects with their peers and well-established senior
> researchers.
>
> The conference is organized by the Department of Information Studies at
> Åbo Akademi University. It is well established and internationally
> recognized for excellence in research and education. The department
> conducts a wide array of research including research about social media,
> Library 2.0, knowledge management, health information behavior, and
> scientometrics. The department is part of the School of Business and
> Economics and it has strong connections and collaborative
> multidisciplinary projects with other departments in the school.
>
> Please visit http://issome2011.library2pointoh.fi/ for more information.
>
> Call for Papers
>
> Call for Papers for the international conference in Information Science
> and Social Media - ISSOME in 24.-26.8.2011 is open.
>
> We invite researchers worldwide to submit original research within the
> topics of the conference that are listed below. Submissions should be
> extended abstracts of no longer than 1500 words. All submissions will be
> peer-reviewed double blinded. Submission guidelines are available at
> http://issome2011.library2pointoh.fi/.
>
> Conference themes
>
> Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
>
> - Social media in information science
> - Information aspects of social media
> - Library 2.0 and Librarian 2.0
> - Social networking sites
> - Information Management
> - Knowledge Management
> - Knowledge Organization
> - Reputation Management
> - Information Behaviour and Information Use
> - Information dissemination in social media
>
> Structure of the extended abstract
>
> - Title
> - Abstract text
> - References

> [...]

jeremy hunsinger
Center for Digital Discourse and Culture
Virginia Tech

() ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
/\ - against microsoft attachments

http://www.aoir.org The Association of Internet Researchers
http://www.stswiki.org/ stswiki
http://transdisciplinarystudies.tmttlt.com/  Transdisciplinary Studies:the book series