info on Thu, 31 Mar 2011 22:11:29 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> Rob Myers & Katrin Baumgarten interviewed live on Resonance FM.

.
Sorry for any cross posting...

Rob Myers & Katrin Baumgarten interviewed live on Resonance FM.

Join Furtherfield on Resonance 104.4FM
Wednesday, March 30th 2011.
Time 7-8pm (UK - GMT).
Hosts: Marc Garrett, Irini Papdimitriou & Jonathan Munro
Special Guests: Rob Myers & Katrin Baumgarten

http://www.furtherfield.org/radio/300311-rob-myers-katrin-baumgarten

This critically acclaimed broadcast is every Wednesday evening at 7-8pm, a series of hour long live interviews with people working at the edge of contemporary practices in art, technology & social change; discussing events and controversies, exhibitions, artworks and their social contexts. http://www.furtherfield.org/programmes/radio

Rob Myers makes free culture art about contemporary society using free software. He is Chief Technology Officer for Philter Phactory where he is working on narratizing social and locative media. Communications Officer for FooCorp where they're working on freeing social media users and artists. He runs a blog that looks at the legalities, philosophies and some frivolities of free culture, free software and free society. Artist, writer, hacker and much valued reviewer and generous debater in the Furtherfield neighbourhood. http://robmyers.org/weblog/

We will discuss about open source culture as well as projects such as 'the cybernetic artworld' project, where bots exist and interact with identica, the free micro-blogging site. The series of shareable DIY ‘readymades’ - Iconic objects from art history, appropriating and remixing art recreated as 3D digital, open sourced physically printed models. 'Urinal' is the first in this series http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6261

Katrin Baumgarten, a designer & technology artist whose work experiments with physical human experiences. Kristin will share how a spectrum of emotions can impact industrial design and user interaction. "Today, designers concentrate just on pleasant emotions— the beautiful and slick— but paradoxical emotions can actually intensify the relationship between object & user. One of these is disgust (http://katrinbaumgarten.de/project/my-work). It especially triggered my interest because of the strong link between attraction and repulsion, which is something we are scared to admit once we grow up." http://katrinbaumgarten.de

Also showcasing music and noise, providing a rolling lineup of experimental creative adventures for your amusement.

http://www.furtherfield.org
http://resonancefm.com