Luke Munn on Wed, 6 Jul 2011 22:06:34 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> SCREENS, online series of curated works

.
Greetings NetTimers,

Our curated online series, SCREENS was recently completed with it's
6th project, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to post the works
for those who haven't yet had a chance to view or experience them.

Kah Bee Chow
Once More Again
http://www.screens.org.nz/kah-bee-chow-once-more-again-again/
In “Once More Again (Again)” by Kah Bee Chow, a sequence of quartz
crystal images taken over a day are re-activated differently with each
user and page visit, playing back in a light-filled poetic which
ultimately captures, doses, and manipulates time itself.

Stella Brennan
Instant Pictures
http://www.screens.org.nz/stella-brennan-instant-pictures/
Auckland based artist Stella Brennan presents “Instant Pictures”, a
series of networked pages which plunges the viewer into their tiniest
details, gateways to the next enveloping image-scape lodged amongst
hairs, scratches and dust particles.

John Ward Knox
Untitled
http://www.screens.org.nz/john-ward-knox/
In Untitled, John Ward Knox probes the surface of our user interfaces,
drawing out the pointer convention and shifting it gently from
instructor to mark-maker. Unfolding twice, four, eight times on
itself, each gesture is flipped and inverted, a reversed movement
playing out in another screen-space.

Seung Yul Oh
Rain
http://www.screens.org.nz/seung-yul-oh-rain/
Seung Yul Oh opens the Screens online series with ‘Rain’, a playful,
chaotic interactive which invites users to germinate an unpredictable
kaleidoscope of objects, images, and sounds.

William Boling
Marco Polo
http://www.screens.org.nz/william-boling-marco-polo/
William Boling’s Marco Polo was a long duration project, where the US
photographer invited participants to post snapshots, memories and
moments in image or text form, which were responded to daily:
embracing, compiling or ignoring their input into his own.

Jae Hoon Lee
Wanderer
http://www.screens.org.nz/jae-hoon-lee-wanderer/
In Wanderer, artist Jae Hoon Lee digitally weaves together satellite
imagery along with environmental sound to form a series of new
terrains, familiar yet wholly other.

Enjoy - and of course for feedback or more information on the series,
please see the main site.

Best,
Luke Munn and Jeff Nusz
SCREENS