V2_ on Fri, 4 Nov 2011 05:27:40 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> V2_Newsletter November 2011

.

V2_Newsletter November 2011

V2_ is also on Facebook and Twitter
http://www.v2.nl

Blowup: We Are All Crew
November 3,4,5, 2011
Admission: 5 EUR, (students free)
V2_, Eendrachtsstraat 10, Rotterdam

To acknowledge the 100th anniversary of Marshall McLuhan’s birth, V2_ presents three days of McLuhan activities in Rotterdam. Together with InterAccess (Toronto) we present the Strategic Art Initiative 2.0 exhibition of re-created early telematic artworks. We have the worldwide premiere of Them F*ckin’ Robots, a documentary on the work and influence of electronic art pioneer Norman White by Ine Poppe and Sam Nemeth and a keynote lecture by Dutch thinker and author Arjen Mulder, examining the things we love and love to hate about McLuhan. Check out the full program at:

http://www.v2.nl/events/blowup-we-are-all-crew

ISMAR 2011: Hello Worlds
October 26 – 30
Basel, Switzerland

V2_ is currently organizing the exhibition Hello Worlds for the 10th International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality in Basel, Switzerland. We selected four works out of 24 submissions for further improvement and production in V2_'s Lab. These four brand new productions will be presented in the exhibition together with eight installations that form highlights in the history of artistic research in AR technology.

http://www.v2.nl/events/ismar-2011

Test_Lab: Who Wants To Be…? + Blowup: Show Me The Money
December 1+2, 2011, 20:00-23:00
V2_, Eendrachtsstraat 10, Rotterdam

Test_Lab: Who Wants to Be…? is a social experiment in the form of a raucous game show developed by art collective The People Speak. All visitors chip in 10 EUR in advance to enter the game, after which they brainstorm, argue, and vote on how to spend the collective money.

“..a hugely liberating and spontaneous night of audience autonomy.” - The Guardian

The next day we continue with Blowup: Show Me The Money. What price tag do you put on priceless experiences and objects? Join us in a discussion getting to the root of notions of "value" and "culture" with cultural economist Diane Ragsdale, electrical scientist Saul Albert, and artist Christian Nold.

http://www.v2.nl/events/test_lab-who-wants-to-be

Protei Wins 3rd Prize in VIDA 13.2 Competition

Protei has won third place in the Vida 13.2 Art & Artificial Life International Competition. The project, represented by Cesar Harada will receive €8,000 and will be part of an exhibition in Madrid. Harada’s international team worked on the oil-spill-cleaning sailing drones at V2_ in Rotterdam last summer. Protei was shown to the public in an exhibition as part of Festival Wereld van Witte de With.

http://www.v2.nl/lab/blog/protei-wins-3rd-prize-of-vida-13.0

Dick Raaymakers wins Art+Technology Award 2011
November 10, 2011, Deventer

Composer and theatre maker Dick Raaymakers is to receive the Witteveen+Bos Art+Technology Award 2011 for his entire oeuvre. The award ceremony will take place in the Bergkerk Church in Deventer on November 10, 2011 and will be celebrated with a Raaymakers exhibition which will run until December 4, 2011.

http://www.v2.nl/lab/blog/dick-raaymakers-wins-art-technology-award-2011

50 Years of Dutch Media Art at STRP
November 18 - 27, 2011
Eindhoven

The STRP festival, taking place this year for the fifth time in Philips' old Strijp-S building, is staging an exhibition devoted to half a century of media art in the Netherlands. We're proud of the role V2_ has played in that history since 1982, thanks to the input of countless artists and collectives. With seven installations on show at the popular festival V2_ can call itself an official purveyor of 50 years of media art in the Netherlands.

http://www.v2.nl/lab/blog/50-Years-of-Dutch-Media-Art-at-STRP