Bishop Zareh on Sat, 2 Jun 2012 19:29:12 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> [poland] CfP: media ecology workshop, Krakow, Poland, July

.

Call for participation
Media Ecology Worshop

The main aim of the project is to gather people with diverse educational background and to create a friendly environment suitable for interdisciplinary experiments with low tech tools. We envision this project as an open platform for the different projects in which participants who represent various disciplines, paradigms and perspectives would support each others’ efforts throughout discussions, commentaries and collective effort. What we would like to achieve is an interdisciplinary, teamwork research on subjects proposed by participants.
During the summer school we would also like to offer you lectures and workshops prepared by invited key note speakers. We hope that contact with them will help the participants in conducting their own research, artistic or scientific projects. We intent this event to be the first step in the process of creation network of people willing to contribute in the interdisciplinary research and dialog.
Workshop leaders: Rachelle Viader Knowles (Canada), Monika Górska-Olesinska (Poland), Jan Argasiński (Poland), Levente Polyak(Hungary), Michal Kindernay (Czech Republic), Piotr Klepacki (Poland), Anna Nacher& Marek Styczynski (Poland).

The summer school is addressed to students, Ph. D. candidates and professionals from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia and other countries with no restriction to the faculties they represent. Representatives of humanities, arts and social studies and natural studies are welcome. All candidates willing to participate in this event are expected to submit a proposal for their social, artistic or research project, which deals with, but is not restricted to, such topics as:
- urban versus rural ecology in the context of media practices
- mobile media and social media
- soundscape, mediascape & landscape.
We are looking for original, simple, low tech, D.I.Y style projects that can be conceptualized during the two weeks of the workshop (but needn’t be finalized within this timeframe).
The summer school will take place between 6 and 19th July 2012. During the event we will leave Krakow for five days as three workshops will take place at Sopatowiec between 9 and 13th July.
The deadline for the sublission is 10 of June 2012.
Please send us the applications including your:
- name
- afiliation
- description of your project (max. 500 words)
at the address: mediaecologies(at)gmail.com
Fee: no fee

http://www.media-ecologies.pl/

www.media-ecologies.pl