Jussi Parikka on Mon, 21 Jan 2013 19:47:10 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> Digital Memory and the Archive

.
Dear  Nettime

for those of you interested in media theory:

the first collection of writings in English by the German media theorist Wolfgang Ernst has just been published! The book came out from University of Minnesota Press. More info here:

http://jussiparikka.net/2013/01/04/digital-memory-and-the-archive-is-out/

and
http://www.upress.umn.edu/book-division/books/digital-memory-and-the-archive

We are planning a launch in Berlin, during transmediale, around early February (http://www.transmediale.de/content/digital-memory-and-archive-what-media-archaeology), so if you are in Berlin then, do join us! It is a joint launch of the Ernst book as well as What is Media Archaeology? (Polity 2012).

best wishes
Jussi
--
Dr Jussi Parikka
Reader in Media & Design

http://jussiparikka.net
Insect Media
-- Winner of the Anne Friedberg Award for Innovative Scholarship 2012 (SCMS)
Media Archaeology

Insect Media-live coding book trailer

My latest book, What is Media Archaeology?, is now available from Polity