micha cárdenas on Wed, 13 Nov 2013 16:48:08 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> This Wed! Autonets Convergence Toronto

.

autonets-convergence-toronto

Building Our Autonomy: Autonets Convergence Toronto
Wednesday, November 13, 7-9PM
Robarts Library, Room 1150, 130 St. George Street

Short talks by

micha cárdenas, Autonets (http://autonets.org/)

Farrah Khan, Barbra Schlifer Clinic (http://schliferclinic.com/

Joan Ruzsa, Ritten House (http://joanr73.wordpress.com/rittenhouse-mission-and-core-values/

This wednesday, join us for this networking event between anti-violence organizers and tech makers to come up with new ways to use technology to end violence! Autonets Convergence aims to brings together hackers, anti-racist coders, gender hackers, gender changers, dancers, movement makers, poets, performers, media makers, anti-violence, transformative justice and prison abolitionist activists by giving them a space to share their knowledge and their skills in order to help stop violence against queer and trans* people, people of color, disabled people, two-spirit people, sex workers and women. Engaging in discussion with the local community members based in Toronto as well as with the community at UofT about the kinds of violence we face daily, we will collectively work towards creative community-based responses to end violence, creating experiences and skills which at the end of the workshop we can take back to our own communities. The goal is to seed a movement of creative free/libre/open source technologies in concert with non-digital, community based solutions, to end gendered, racialized, sexual and ableist violence.

More information at http://autonets.org

Workshop organized by micha cárdenas and Patrick Kielty, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Information, University of Toronto. micha is an artist, hackctivist, poet, performer, student, and educator, mixed-race trans femme latina survivor who works at the intersection of movement, technology and politics.www.michacardenas.org

https://www.facebook.com/events/207939576042480/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

Venue is wheelchair accessible, please do not wear chemical scents to create accessibility for those with chemical injury. ASL can be provided, but you need to RSVP for ASL by the facebook page.

--
micha cárdenas

http://michacardenas.org
http://twitter.com/michacardenas