Markus Huber on Wed, 19 Nov 2014 17:19:15 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> transmediale / Call for Entry / Vilem Flusser Residency for Artistic Research 2015

.
Dear Nettimers,

we would like to inform you about our current Call for Entries for the Vilem Flusser Residency Programme for Artistic Research 2015.

Vilem Flusser Residency Programme for Artistic Research
Call for Entries
Submission Deadline: 30 November 2014
Online submission: http://call.transmediale.de/

With the Vilem Flusser Residency Programme for Artistic Research we are calling upon artistic research projects that actively explore the capabilities and limitations of transdisciplinary and transmedial situations in contemporary culture. We therefore understand artistic research as an exploration of the links between aesthetics, materiality, and politics.

For Vilem Flusser, theory and praxis are intrinsically tied to each other. His nomadic thinking was shaped by a philosophy of positions; experimental testing of different ways of thinking and the linking of different disciplines and methodologies played a significant role in his work. Not the search for the truth but rather the playing around with the aesthetic constitution of truth characterised his thinking, often developed in dialogue with others. A fundamental principle of his philosophy is the dialogue between the disciplines, points of views, and methodologies. Knowledge production as a dialogue between different standpoints (between science and art, laboratory and applied research, old and new media, local and global forms of organisation) is therefore the guiding principle for the concept of artistic research, which is supported by the Vilem Flusser Residency Programme for Artistic Research.

With the 2-months residency programme, we would like to support projects and works in different stages of development, from the first conceptual steps up to significant advancements of already existing projects and works. A comprehensible research interest is of importance for the jury’s decision; the relation between the work and issues and questions addressed in its research with the context of our society as a whole; first ideas regarding the approach during the period of the residency (strategy, workshops, presentations, etc.); and the connection to the focus of the Vilém Flusser Residency Programme for Artistic Research.

More informations on the residency programme and on recent projects:
http://www.transmediale.de/content/residency-call-for-entry
Conditions of Entry:
http://www.transmediale.de/content/conditions-of-entry-2015-flusser

The period of residency is 2 months, between May and July 2015.
The details of the final period will be defined in agreement with the selected resident.
The residency covers:
# travel costs to Berlin
# stipend/grant of 1.300 EUR per month
# workspace at the Vilém Flusser Archive at the University of Arts (UdK) in Berlin.