Nora Wohlfeil on Fri, 9 Jan 2015 16:40:02 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> Call for Papers re:publica 2015

.
Dear Nettime-subscribers,

my name is Nora and I am a member of the event programme committee for re:publica. re:publica is Europeâs largest and most prominent conference on the future of our society and all things digital and will take place 5 â 7 May 2015 in Berlin. Hereby I would like to invite you to take part in this year's call for papers. You will find more detailed information below.

Please feel free to spread the call for papers to anyone who might be interested.

Thank you in advance and all best from Berlin
Nora

-----------------

CALL FOR PAPERS - RE:PUBLICA 2015
re:publica is Europeâs largest and most prominent conference on the
future of our society and all things digital. re:publica attracts over
6,000 participants but has preserved an open and familiar atmosphere.
re:publica is the quality conference with a festival feel. In 2015
re:publica will take place in Berlin, Germany, from May 5th to May 7th.
Unlike other conferences which focus on social media marketing and the usual
âshow and tellâ of tools and projects, re:publica aims to bring together communities,
leading thinkers of our time with activists and engaged organizations to share
experiences.

With this year's motto /Finding Europe/ https://re-publica.de/en/motto,
the coming re:publica has a special focus on the digital society of
our home continent with its great cultural, economic and political
richness and diversity. We are particularly happy to receive
submissions matching the wide range of European topics and ideas, as
well as many international applications. And of course, we are also
interested in non-European perspectives on these topics as well as
other core re:publica topics like the digitization of politics and
media, future of news and broadcasting, etc.

CALL FOR PAPERS

This year's call for papers is open until January 31st. We are looking
for creative, high-level talks, engaging discussions and hands-on
workshops for our 2015 program. If you wish to contribute and be part of
re:publica then please take part in our call:

http://re-publica.de/en/call-papers

Participating in the call does not require submitting a scientific
proposal. You can participate by filling out our online template which
asks for your topic, a brief description of the content, format
(lecture, discussion, workshop or action) as well as some information
about you (name and previous experience).

TOPICS

re:publica addresses the question how digitization and new media impact society.
Main topics include the role of new media for political
communication and protest, changing media landscapes and trends in
journalism, DIY-cultures and net political topics such as  privacy, open
data, open licensing, and Internet infrastructure and security. For an impression of the range
of re:publica talks and topics, see last yearâs programme
http://14.re-publica.de/en/event/1/sessions or
the documentation of past talks on our YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/republica2010.

We are looking forward to receiving your ideas. Should you have any
questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

e: programme@re-publica.de

www.re-publica.de
www.facebook.com/republica
www.twitter.com/republica

--
Nora Wohlfeil | programme

e: programme@re-publica.de

re:publica is the conference on blogs, social media and the digital society.
The ninth re:publica will take place 5-7 May 2015 at STATION-Berlin.

www.re-publica.de
www.facebook.com/republica
www.twitter.com/republica

republica GmbH | SchÃnhauser Allee 6-7 | 10119 Berlin
HRB 137440 B | AG Berlin-Charlottenburg
GeschÃftsfÃhrer: Andreas Gebhard