Geert Lovink on Thu, 3 Mar 2016 11:28:29 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> Launch of the Centre for Digital Culture at King’s College London: March 9th 2016 – 7pm — Safra Lecture Theatre – King’s College London

.
Dear All,

You are warmly invited to:

The launch of the new Centre for Digital Culture at King’s College London

March 9th  – 7pm — Safra Lecture Theatre – King’s College London
#TheGreatTransformation: digital technology and social change At the time of the Internet, smartphones, and social media there seems to be virtually no part of society that is not affected by the diffusion of digital technology. From the private to the public, from personal relationships to the economy and political movements we are witnessing a great transformation whose magnitude is similar to the one brought in the 19th century by capitalism and industrialisation. But what do the different changes brought by digital technology share in common? What is the overarching logic guiding the digital transformation of society? And is it changing society for better or worse?  We will discuss these issues with a number of leading scholars in the field of digital culture: Tim Jordan (Professor and Head of School of Media, Film and Music at Sussex University) Joanna Zylinska (Professor of New Media and Communications at Goldsmiths, University of London) Mark Coté (Lecturer in Digital Cultures, King’s College L

[...]

Mark Coté (Lecturer in Digital Cultures, King’s College London)

Mercedes Bunz (Senior Lecturer in Journalism and Digital Media, University of Westminster)

The conversation will be moderated by Paolo Gerbaudo, Director of the Centre for Digital Culture.

We are looking forward to seeing you there!

Best,
the Centre for Digital Culture at King’s College London