MUD HOUSE DESIGN COMPETITION on Sat, 25 Jun 2016 19:51:45 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> OPEN CALL: INTERNATIONAL EARTH SCULPTURE SYMPOSIUM

.
OPEN CALL until 30 August
INTERNATIONAL EARTH SCULPTURE SYMPOSIUM
DATE: October 3 – 31, 2016
VENUE: Abetenim Arts Village near Kumasi in Ghana

What would happen if you bring together creative persons from different cultures to interact and create works with earth?

Nka Foundation invites creative practitioners from around the world for the 2016 International Earth Sculpture Symposium at Abetenim Arts Village in Ghana. Practitioners in the visual arts, building arts, landscape architecture, environmental design and others are all welcome to participate.  We will immerse ourselves in the local environment and create site-specific works through use of earth and other materials from the environment. Our rural arts village provides the participant with time and space away from the everyday stresses of city/studio life to focus and investigate own practice, creating the possibility for discovery, collaboration and growth. The arts village has an openair theatre, workspaces and guest houses for your accommodation. Most evenings will be used for reviewing workshop progress along with artist lectures, impromptu performances and presentations by workshop participants. By alternating work and dialogues, we anticipate cross fertilization of ideas. Join us!

WORKSHOP DIRECTOR: Mantey Jectey-Nyarko, PhD. Lecturer, College of Art and Built Environment, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi.

COST: Food and accommodation 80€/week (flight costs are not included).
CONTACT: info@nkafoundation.org for application form.

 Nka Foundation ... www.nkafoundation.org / info@nkafoundation.org