Andreas Broeckmann on Mon, 27 Mar 2000 22:35:43 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> crish/crash/crush digest

Robert Adrian writes:

>Its pretty hard to locate any serious support by museums for early
>low-tech (phone-based) art/telecomm projects.
<snip>
>There may be some others but the point is that there was no
>follow-up or continuation of support by any museum.

Another non-museum contribution to the pioneering telecomm projects, one
which I have not seen mentioned here, is the ICC Tokyo's 1991 project 'The
Museum Inside the Telephone Network'. Organised by Akira Asada, Yutaka
Hikosaka and Toshiharu Itou between March 15-29, 1991, this project
included several 'Channels' over which the works could be perceived (Voice
& Sound, Interactive, Fax, Live, Personal Computer). The catalogue and
double audio CD contain a wide range of materials and offer quite a good
impression of the level of theorising the telecommunication networks in an
artistic context at the time. If the ICC has not put the stuff online yet,
maybe they should be encouraged to do so. http://www.ntticc.or.jp

-a