Terrence J Kosick on Tue, 18 Apr 2000 17:58:22 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Thousands of Protesters Marching on World Bank (fwd)

Terrence writes;

 You have to be really brave to take a nasty bashing, it is the price of
freedom.

I think that aside from the usual controversy and physical emotionalism of a
protest the protesters succeeded in communicating their points.  I think it
is a tradition so i would not take it as a daily thing. Also its just the way
the protesters and cops work together over here. It's like Gea's blowing off
steam.

Perhaps the creation of an organized citizen forum would take away the
bruises and mayhem but then order is no fun and the press might not show to
cover such an event. They could stage a mock confrontation with dancers.
Everyone would be satisfied for the moment and the 3rd world workers could
just keep making the nike gear and people will still keep buying it.  No
matter what it will still be a piss off.

terrence kosick
artnatural