escape on Tue, 18 Apr 2000 18:16:10 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] NameSpace (get.xs2.net) banned from mail delivery

[I discovered this yesterday (monday) after trying to send a mail to
a friend (his actual mail-address is at Humboldt University Berlin,
obviously subscribed to this mail-abuse-"service"):

<<< 550 Mail from 209.48.2.39 rejected; inform your mail provider or
see http://mail-abuse.org/rbl/enduser.html
554 <xxx@xxx.xxx>... Service unavailable

Reporting-MTA: dns; get.xs2.net
Received-From-MTA: DNS; mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de
Arrival-Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 02:16:10 -0400 (EDT)

I'm not sure if NameSpace solved this, since today the mails didn't
bounce. BTW, my address too is a relay address at NameSpace and I
don't have any delivery faults at all. But this is another fac.

OK, I think this is interesting to know.

gr./erik]

<http://mail-abuse.org/cgi-bin/lookup?209.48.2.39>

BLACKHOLE LIST
FOR 209.48.2.39

If you are an end-user, and have received a bounce message telling
you to refer to the RBL for more information, please be aware that
the ISP or site that you are sending to will not accept your mail.
They have voluntarily subscribed to the MAPS Realtime Blackhole List.
This list is composed of IP addresses that are known to have
generated SPAM or Unsolicited Commercial Email, or provide SPAM
support services. More information about the project, and what it
does, is available. Note that the RBL does not, in any way, affect a
user's email address, or DNS name. Only the IP address of the machine
is involved.

Please contact your local administrator, or ISP technical support
center, and refer them to http://mail-abuse.org. We will be happy to
assist them in getting their IP address off the RBL. This usually is
as simple as installing a software update to the mail software on
your server. You, as an end user, have not been singled out in any
way.

Copies of mail that prompted inclusion on the Blackhole list can be
found by following the links for the blackholed addresses below.

If you would like to learn how to get your IP address removed from
the list, please send email, or call +1 650 779-7002.

	Entry	Last modified
	209.48.2.39	Sun Apr 16 08:37:11 2000 PDT

http://mail-abuse.org/rbl/ev/209.48.2.39-32.txt
Sat Apr 15 18:27:34 2000
----