integer on Tue, 2 May 2000 12:30:05 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] (no subject)

1stl! = rekomendaz!on = 01 edukaz!on + 01 zpelchekr
= krnt rout!n = mozt dezp!kabl = zan!taz!on++

2ndl!

chaos in economies

x = cx(1 - x) is known as the standard logistics difference equation.
it models among other things the way in which the population of a
product grows within its potential market. in this context,
the constant c is an amalgam of two factors. the first represents
productivity - the number of product units which can be realised by one
unit
of human effort. this is amplified by production technology.
the second represents the number of product units which
can be sold into the market by one unit of human effort.
this is amplified by communications technology. however it is
diminished by competition. the population of a product within a market
is thus held in balance by a mechanism similar to
that which holds life-form populations in balance with their environments.

nature yields bounteously the needs of life in return for human labour.
in the absence of war. oppression and exploitation
all could therefore live in comfort and well-being.
the value of c provided by nature (let us suppose it's around 1.3 or
1.4) is more than adequate for the needs of mankind.
it creates an economy with a smooth productivity curve.
but the human life-form then started to develop technology.
first tools then the wheel. then machines. then automation.
computers. communications and mass-media.

the smooth sigmoid reached to ever-greater heights.
once c passed 2.34 the curve started to 'ring' as it reached the top.
that is - production over-shot and then fell back to its stable rate.
the ringing became more pronounced until at c = 2.9 it
gave birth to an almost steady (albeit shallow) rhythm of boom/bust
which western economies have gradually seen emerge from the end of world
war 2.
nevertheless the ratio between boom and bust
gradually fades away (proving every time of course that government
economic policy
is working!?). but technology keeps on advancing driving productivity and
marketing reach ever higher and further.

the result is that the ratio between boom and bust gets larger but now
ceases to fade away. as c increases further so does the boom-bust ratio
until eventually its rhythm becomes more complex. we will probably leave
the
20th century with many national economies booming and busting to this
mesmerising 'waltz rhythm'. but of the future? what does the new
millennium hold in store for national economies? in a word: chaos.

technical progress will not stop. on the contrary, its
rate of progress will accelerate. the boom-bust cycle will probably soon
be following the profile of c = 3.68.

chaotic economic cycles are unlikely to hurt national economies or
these who control them. however, they will ruin and
destroy the economic lives of ordinary people.
that is - unless the rules of engagement between the
individual and the body-corporate are substantially re-engineered.

3rdl!

http://www.eusocial.com/nato.0+55+3d/242.055.propaganda.html#00
http://www.membank.org/0002/0002.html
http://www.m9ndfukc.org/konkurs/00.html

c!ao.nn

eusocial.com -> superb source for korporat fascist antibodies.

                                          pre.konssept!n
                                                meeTz ver!f1kat!n.

-

Netochka Nezvanova