Paul D. Miller on Sat, 27 May 2000 19:02:32 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Detroit Electronic Music Festival Today!

Hello all, I'm just writing to say that electronic arts and theory culture doesn't just mean using the net, but dealing with different forms of cultural networks as well. Could it be a critique of Bakhtin's notion of carnival culture in a post-industrial context? Could it be a new form of cybernetic cultural production? If anyone on the list is around the Detroit area this weekend I just wanted to extend an invitation to you to come by the Detroit Electronic Music Festival. They're expecting several hundred thousand people and considering the fact that it's curated by some of the most dynamic minds in American and international electronic music, I think that it's a "live time" scenario of some of the issues that I see popping up on the list. There's a truly diverse roster of folks participating, and it's FREE. If anyone on the list is into more dynamic forms of electronic culture than just sending e-mail back and forth, I think you'd be into the scenario:

there's more info at:

<www.electronicmusicfest.com>www.electronicmusicfest.com

okay,
Paul D. Miller a.k.a. Dj Spooky that Subliminal Kid

Paul D. Miller a.k.a. Dj Spooky that Subliminal Kid

Editor At Large "Artbyte: The Magazine of Digital Arts"
39 East 78th st
New York, New York
10021
Editorial Office Voicemail: 1-212-340-1264 Office Fax: 1-212-807-1952
e-mail: anansi@interport.net OR abstraktionist@hotmail.com
Home Site: http://www.djspooky.com