horscircuit on Sat, 17 Jun 2000 15:55:20 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] OPEN CALL Paris/Berlin International Meetings

Paris/Berlin International Meetings
51 rue Montorgueil - 75002 Paris - FRANCE
Tél : ++ 33 1 40 26 66 34
Fax : ++ 33 1 42 33 36 44
horscircuit@ensba.fr
http://campus.ensba.fr/horscircuit

Paris/Berlin International Meetings #4 : CALL FOR ENTRY

> The next International Paris/Berlin Meetings will take place in Paris in December 2000 and in Berlin in may 2001.

Call for entry is open for film cycles, 35 mm, 16 mm, super 8, and video, with any restrictiction for length or type ; and for installation, performance, multimedia creation and sound creation.

> experimental film > fiction > documentary > video art > experimental video > animation movie > super 8 / 16 mm / 35 mm / video short length / middle lenght / long lenght
> sound installation cinema installation video installation multimedia installation
> action > performance intervention debate
> interactive writing > network action forum real time cédérom art on ligne
> sound creation > lecture sound poetry experimental music concert projection

Deadline for proposals : September the 30th, 2000

FOR ALL PROPOSITION SENDING:
Paris/Berlin International Meetings
51 rue Montorgueil
75002 Paris
France

FOR ALL INFORMATION:
Web site: http://campus.ensba.fr/horscircuit
Email: horscircuit@ensba.fr
Tel: +33 1 40 26 66 34
Fax: +33 1 42 33 36 44

Paris/Berlin International Meetings #4 : PRESENTATION

synthesis

Paris/Berlin Festival #4 is a transdisciplinary action, favorizing contemporary creation in the movie, video, installation art, happening and sound creation fields.
This non commercial event is organized by roARatorio, a non profit organisation ruled by the 1901 french law within artistic and cultural aim, whose Paris and Berlin staff guarantee functionning and coordination.

> The next International Paris/Berlin Meetings will take place in Paris in December 2000 and in Berlin in may 2001.

Anterior presentations
> Festival #1 - Paris : August 20-22, 1997 - Action Christine Movie theater
> Festival #2 - Berlin : December 3-9 1998 - Brotfabrik center
> Festival #3 - Paris : June 10-22, 1999 - Cerise, Action Christine Odéon movie theatre, Ensba-National Superior School of Fine Arts in Paris, Public, Jean Dame movie theatre,
Fnac-Les-Halles Auditorium, Stock

programming

> The programming of films and videos unites short, medium and full-length films, experimental movies, video art, documentaries, animated films, on super 8, 16 mm, 35 mm and video.
Paris/Berlin Festival #4 proposes to its public films made by independent film directors, by cinema school students, by directors working outside any institutional network, films made in 'classical' production, as well as films made by famous directors and artists who, by the spirit of their approach, their committment and their research, take part actively in the progress of the visual arts.

> The programming of «multimedia, interventions and installations», opened to plastic art, unites performance, happening, action, happening with projection, concert live with projection, sound poetry, sound installation, video installation, art on line and CD-Rom. The contribution of these different language is to be taken in consideration. Their copresence during the Paris/Berlin Festival #4 will enable the public to re-situate the film projection inside the history of visual art which is in permanent progress.

> Debates, each day, will center around a particular guest: artists and directors, art and cinema critics, writers, academics and others actively engaged in the arts and culture.

cycles

Each day's program will mix various cycles, fields, styles and techiques, around topics favoring dialogs.
Cinema and video cycles:

Film & vidéo cycles:
> Experimental Film - 35 mm, 16 mm, super 8
> Video art / Experimental video - All video formats
> Fiction / Full-length films - 35 mm, 16 mm, super 8 and video
> Fictions / short, medium length - 35 mm, 16 mm, super 8 and video
> Documentaries - All support
> Animation movie - All support

Other Cycles:
> Intervention - performance art, happening, intervention
> Installation - sound, cinema, video and multimedia
> Interactive writing - Network happening, forum, net art, CD-rom, real time interaction
> Sound creation - Lecture, sound poetry, experimental music, concert projection, sound creation
> Debates

spaces

The programme will be presented in different places geographicly closed. We want to propose to the public a circulation between different places in the urban space.

> Projections
The projection rooms will be presented the whole cinema, most of the video programme, all the discussions and concert-projections.

> Spaces for video on monitor
In this places video works will be showed using computer or TV-monitor, and multimedia works created and broadcasted on Internet or on CD-Roms. In this places, works will be shown continuously.

> Spaces for installations
In this places will be devoted to cinema, video and multimedia installations. In this places, works will be shown continuously.

> Intervention, concerts and performances
Those interventions will take place all over the places.

> Video-library and sound-library
A video library for consultation on demand will be proposed to the public. It will present all the films and videos of the programming authorized by their authors. A sound library for consultation on demand will be proposed.

Paris/Berlin International Meetings
51, rue Montorgueil - 75002 Paris
Tél : ++ 33 1 40 26 66 34
Fax : ++ 33 1 42 33 36 44
horscircuit@ensba.fr
http://campus.ensba.fr/horscircuit
Title: Entry Form
Paris/Berlin International Meetings #4 > in Paris : December 2000 / in Berlin : May 2001
Entry form - please print it, fill it in all its part and enclose it to the proposition
51, rue Montorgueil-75002 Paris / Tel: ++ (33) 1 40 26 66 34 / Fax: ++ (33) 1 42 33 36 44 / Email: horscircuit@ensba.fr / Web Site: http://Campus.ensba.fr/horscircuit

> The Paris/Berlin International Meetings #4 will take place in Paris in December 2000 and in Berlin in May 2001.

> Proposals'
deadline : September the 30th, 2000

> SEND PROPOSITIONS TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:
Paris/Berlin International Meetings
51 rue Montorgueil
75002 Paris
France

SURNAME of the author, artist, director:

Mrs. Mr.:

FIRST NAME:

DATE OF BIRTH - day - month - year:

NATIONALITY:

ADDRESS of the author, artist, director:

POSTAL CODE:

CITY:

COUNTRY:

PHONE NUMBER:

OTHER PHONE NUMBER:

FAX:

E-MAIL:

WEB SITE:

ORIGINAL TITLE OF THE PROPOSED WORK:

French, and/or german, and/or english eventual translations of the title:

(Mark the answer: X)
> FILM, VIDEO:
> INSTALLATION:
> INTERVENTION:
> HAPPENING:
> AUDIO:
> MULTIMEDIA:
Other - Please specify:

TYPE (Mark the answer: X)
Fiction :
Experimental film:
Experimental video:
Documentary:
Animation movie:
Video art:
Other - Please specify:

Particular conditions for presentation - Specify :

PRODUCTION COUNTRY :
PRODUCTION
YEAR:

LIST PLACE(S) AND DATE(S) OF PREVIOUS PRESENTATION(S):

The proposed work was never shown to the public: Yes / No
The proposed work is a first realisation: Yes / No

During the Meetings, a VHS copy of the proposed work will be present in a video library for consultation on demand: Yes / No

By which link do you know the Paris/Berlin International Meetings ? Please Specify exactly the name of the media, person or the organization:

PRODUCTION FORMAT:
PRESENTATION FORMAT:

RUNNING TIME: ______ minutes ______ seconde

(Mark the answer: X)
COLOUR:
BLACK & WHITE:

(Mark the answer: X)
Optical sound:
Magnetic sound:
Digital sound:
Mono:
Stereo:
Dolby:
Mute:

LANGUAGE - Dialog, Commentary & Text inserts
No subtitle: Yes / No
Original language (Specify):
Subtitles (Specify):

(For films 35mm, 16mm and super8)
Footage length _________ metres
Number of reels:
Screen ratio (1:1,33 - 1:1,37 - 1:1,66 - 1:1,75 - 1:1,85 - 1:2,35):
Frames per second - 18-24-25:

Value of the print according to the laboratory processing costs in the country of origin (for insurance pruposes):
___________ , ___ FF - DM - Euro - US$

EVENTUAL VISA NUMBER OF DISTRIBUTION (Number + Organization + Country):

(For vidéos)
(Mark the answer: X)
Video destined to be presented on monitor:
Video destined to be presented in projection:
Projection AND/OR monitor:

EVENTUAL PRODUCTION (or principal RESPONSIBLE organization)
Company Name:
Kind of activity:
Contact person (Surname, First name):
Phone number:
Fax:
Email:
Adress:

Self-production: Yes / No

RETURN ADRESS for copy film or video on presentation format
- Adress of the author, artist, director: Yes / No
- Adress of the production company: Yes / No
- Other adress - Specify
Company Name:
Contact person (Surname, First name):
Phone number:
Fax:
Email:
Adress:

Authorization

[ a ] I certify : (Name, First name)

(Mark the answer -X-:)
-O- The author
-O- The producer (and/or the principal owner of he rights)
and sender of the proposed peace,

> authorize its free presentation in Paris and Berlin in the context of the International Paris / Berlin Meetings #4, non-commercial event organised by roARaTorio, a non profit Organization with Cultural Aim.

> authorize the publication for the catalogue of the Meetings of the following elements:
-O- Synopsis
-O- Biography
-O- Filmography, Exhibitions, Publications
-O- Photography
-O- Texts, other - Specify:

> authorize:
-O- the translation of the documents,
-O- the translation of the title (original title will be always specified)

> confirm the exactitude of the given informations, declare to be informed of the "Call for Entry Information".

> declare to be authorized by the author(s), the production company (and/or principal owner of the rights), who is informed of the "Call for Entry Information":
to send the documents (audio, text, photo, VHS video copy) enclosed with the "Entry Form" ;
to send the copy in its presentation format and/or for the piece presentation.

Place, date:
Signature of the person secified in point [ a ]:

Call for entry information

The next Paris/Berlin International Meetings will take place in Paris in December 2000 and in Berlin in May 2001.

The proposals deadline is September the 30th, 2000.

> REQUIDER MATERIAL
Please send all proposition by mail, enclose the entry form filled, dated and signed - at the rate of one entry form per proposition - and the material required.

For Film and video propositions, please send :
- A VHS preview tape.
- A synopsis (for catalog).
- A photography, extracted from the proposed work (photo credit to be specified).
- The complete list of technical staff (director, script, image, sound, editing...). Please specify the principal staff.
- The complete list of interprets, actors, participants. Please specify the principal.
- The complete list of dialogues, commentary, text inserts - in the original language AND in one of these : French, German or English.
IMPORTANT: ALL video copies for preview are received only on VHS PAL / SECAM / NTSC formats. Master will not be accepted.

For installation, intervention and happening propositions, please send :
- Complete list of technical material and map needed.
- List of participants.
- A brief presentation text, and, if possible, a long text (for the publications diffused during the festival).
- A visual documentation, video on VHS tape or stills, of the proposed work or of previous works, to have a clear idea of the proposition or of the previous works.
- A photography of the proposed work or in relation to (photo credit to be specified).

For all proposition, please send :
- For 1 to 10 proposals : ENCLOSE 5 UNWORDED, UNSTAMPED ENVELOPES AND 5 STAMPS FOR STANDARD SENDING. For international sending enclose five envelopes and five international coupons for standard sending. For 10 proposals and more : enclose 10 unworded envelopes and 10 stamps or international coupons for standard sending.
- List of eventual co-production, grant and support.
- A biography (drawing up text).
- Eventualy: filmography, exhibitions, publications.
- Please send us any text and document you think relevant: a long synopsis, critical writings, other photograps...

IMPORTANT: All the texts enclosed must be typed. They must be at least in one of those languages : English, French, or German. If the original language is different, enclose the original texts also. The documents are preferably received on PC or MAC floppy disk, or CD-Rom (text under the following softs : Simple Text, Word - .TXT, .DOC).

> PROPOSITIONS
Proposals are free, without any limitation of type, format, length. All individual or organism can send one or several proposals to the Meetings' programming. Any information given, or enclosed to the entry form is a criteria for programming. The Meetings guarantee the privacy of all personal information.

> PROPOSITION SENDING
Remember to mark on all dispatches : " FOR TEMPORARY CULTURAL PURPOSE - WITHOUT COMMERCIAL VALUE ". The proposition's deadline is September, 30th 2000, send all proposition by mail at the following address:
Paris/Berlin International Meetings
51 rue Montorgueil
75002 Paris - France
All proposition sending is on charge of the participant. The Paris/Berlin International Meetings takes no responsibility for loss or theft.

> FOR ALL INFORMATION
Email: horscircuit@ensba.fr
Tel: 33 1 40 26 66 34
Fax: 33 1 42 33 36 44
All informations are on our web site too: http://campus.ensba.fr/horscircuit

> ANSWER FOR PROGRAMMING
The programming is made by the festival's permanent staff, in Paris and Berlin. The answers for programming will be sent by mail to the proponents at the beginning of October 2000. Then individual contacts will be engaged for acheminment of film and video copies in their presentation format, for the realisation of installations, and for insurances.

> PROGRAMMED PROPOSITION: Sending of film prints and video copies on presentation format
Please send film prints and video copies on presentation format to the address above. Dispatches from non-European-Union-member states must be accompanied by a PRO FORMA invoice.
Important - About the sending of film prints : film prints can be sent in video format (Beta sp, Umatic sp,...). Video masters are not accepted.

> RETURN OF THE FILM PRINTS AND VIDEO COPIES in presentation format
The presentation formats will be returned after the festival to the address given on the "Proposition Form" in "RETURN ADDRESS FOR COPY FILM AND VIDEO ON PRESENTATION FORMAT". The festival must be notified by mail or by fax of any changes in the return address before the beginning of the festival. The shipping costs to the festival must be paid by the sender. Return expenses will be covered by the festival

> INSURANCE
Films, videos and installations will be insured by the festival for the whole time of their being entrust the festival with their.

> PLEASE COPY AND DISTRIBUTE THIS FORM ALL AROUND YOU

> SEND PROPOSITIONS TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:
Paris/Berlin International Meetings
51 rue Montorgueil
75002 Paris
France