Nettime mailing list archives

[Nettime-bold] System
integer on 30 Jun 2000 15:02:16 -0000

[Nettime-bold] System

Paul Wouters <paul {AT} xtdnet.nl>

>[ Paul: I'm not sure if this system can work, because it has a weak spot
>at the server where the key to gather and decrypt data can be found. Who-ever
>hosts the key can be said to be responsible. In a way the same problem as
>with GNUtella, where a site needs to exist to search for "identifiers" in the
>document. ]
>Publius is a Web publishing system that is highly resistant to censorship
>and provides publishers with a high degree of anonymity. Publius was
>the pen name used by the authors of the Federalist Papers, Alexander
>Hamilton, John Jay, and James Madison. This collection of 85 articles,
>published pseudonymously in New York State newspapers form October 1787
>through May 1788, was influential in convincing New York voters to ratify
>the proposed United States constitution.
>Why this is important
>The publication of written words has long been a tool for spreading new
>(and sometimes controversial) ideas, often with the goal of bringing
>about social change. Thus the printing press, and more recently, the
>World Wide Web, are powerful revolutionary tools. But those who seek to
>suppress revolutions possess powerful tools of their own.

ja. = dze !d!oss! ov model c!t!znz = dze powerful tools
_of their own

>These tools

= 2jourz 01 mob akz!on

>give them the ability to stop publication, destroy published materials,
>or prevent the distribution of publications. And even if they cannot
>successfully censor the publication, they may intimidate and physically
>or financially harm the author or publisher in order to send a message to
>other would-be-revolutionaries that they would be well advised to consider
>an alternative occupation. Even without a threat of personal harm, authors
>may wish to publish their works anonymously or pseudonymously because
>they believe they will be more readily accepted if not associated with a
>person of their gender, race, ethnic background, or other characteristics.

= 0+0 enkr!pz!on = az zuperb az 01 l!f.
kontra dze mar!onetez = model c!t!znz = dze powerful tools

= dze problema != those who seek to
suppress revolutions ma!z dze !mbez!lz =
konzum koka kola++

= 01 ueapon = 0+0 kompard 2 01 produkt.
z +?

[ \   prologue  - plastikware
      in several bisexual flowering plants the klose proximity
      of male + female reproduktive organs has resulted in the development
      of strategies to prevent inbreeding.

      in several demokratik `art+teorie` forums the klose proximity
      of male + male reproduktive organs has resulted in the development
      of strategies to encourage inbreeding.  just 1 klik [>]

      one tube. one pipeting set. one miau.
      reproduktion is more important than survival.

      consanguinity \ inbreeding reduces the noise 2 signal ratio
      - thus kompetition.

eusocial.com -> superb source for male fascist antibodies.

                                                meeTz ver!f1kat!ěn.

Netochka Nezvanova
 {AT} www.eusocial.com