Jeffrey Fisher on 18 Jul 2000 13:12:47 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Fw: Contentville.com and Publishing Rights

i went and looked for my dissertation in the umi database and didn't find
it. i'm sure they have it, since it was a requirement of submission that we
register dissertations at the time of submission, and i even ordered a
couple of bound copies on the spot from umi, which i received.

there are also listed in search results several dissertations which are
"unavailable through umi" or "unavailable through dissertation express"
(mine was not among these).

it may be that they've actually contacted authors for the rights, and they
simply never found me (since i've moved several times since graduation).

don't know, but it's curious.