Law on 29 Oct 2000 23:18:09 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Nader (was) important

On Sun, 29 Oct 2000, Ivan Zassoursky wrote:

	<...snip...>

> Vote for Nader. It will make you feel better.

Sure, for some it does feel better to make a meaningless gesture and
so abdicate responsibility. Nader and Gore could get a lot done. Nader
alone is only a spoiler. There is no feeling better about that. He may
speak eloquently for American discontent, even my own, but he has no
course of action open. I may support his ideas, but I no longer
support him. True, that Nader has nothing to lose. The expense would
be born by the average American.

Voting for Bush or Nader requires joining a personality cult.

I'll pass.

Jim