Ododita on 11 Nov 2000 18:12:23 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Fwd: PALM BEACH VOTING IRREGULARITIES#3

FYI

-O.D. Odita

Your statement "Dade County, which is dominated by the gusano mafia" is
erroneous in sevral ways.

1. There is no Dade County in Florida. The name is Miami-Dade County.

2. The City of Miami mayor whose fraudulent victory was thrown out in court
three years ago was the candidate supported by right-wing elements in the
city of Miami. This would seem to contradict your view that the county is
dominated by "gusano mafia", if by "gusano mafia" you mean extreme-right
political elements. If, as you assert, the "gusano mafia" dominated the
county, we would have him as mayor in the City of Miami.

3. Results from this November 7th election in Miami-Dade County gave Vice
President Gore an overwhelming victory. This would also seem to contradict
your statement that the county is dominated by "gusano mafia," and is a
misreading of why the officials's would resist the idea of doing a recount.

4. Your use of the term "gusano mafia" is insulting and demeaning of a whole
community, namely the Cuban community of Miami. You may be trying to put on
airs of being progressive, but such a sweeping reductive statement is
actually evidence of a lack of political knowledge, and the small-minded
product of a prejudiced mind. Your gesture of pretending to reduce the Cuban
community of Miami to "gusano mafia" is akin to a whole sleuth of ethnic and
racial insults regarding blacks, Jews, or any other group, which I am only
accostumed to hear from the most retrograde, racist, facist elements in this
country. There´s nothing progressive about promoting stereotypes, which is
what you´re doing.

Some final comments on electronic mail protocol...
I do not know who you are. I don´t belive I know you, nor do I know how you
got my email address, nor did I ask to be on your list.
Please remove me from your list.
In addition, it is quite rude to send a piece of email revealing its multiple
recipients, since you are revealing their addresses without their consent.
You already got a complaint from Jenny Kirsten Smith.
So please, think before you write and before you press the SEND button.
Eduardo