karaite on 13 Nov 2000 13:38:15 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> [ot] [!nt] \n2+0\

People who are scared of things which are new and
different are just SO COOL! All those lapses into
ZIPPY-LIKE SYNTAX... my God, it's POETRY!
Clearly, benjamin.geer@btinternet.com, your ideas are
so breathtakingly all-encompassing, so complete in
their encapsulation of all possible world-views, that
anything you don't get or don't like couldn't possibly
be worth bothering with. Furthermore, your talents
include mixing irony, sarcasm and plain old British
nastiness in the same email; Brian Sewell couldn't
hold a candle to you! (I know just how you feel: being
able to write C++ gives you the right to sneer at
anyone daring to use code-like syntax in natural
language, such a script-kiddie thing to do.)
Obviously, any email so unnecessarily small-minded
must be the work of someone British. Perhaps you
should write a net.art column for the Evening
Standard.