integer on 30 Nov 2000 05:02:05 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Re:the spirit of mob aktion

>[This is a very interesting article from the NYTimes on Amazon.com who is
>trying to fight off the creation of a union amongs its workers. The
>tacticts used are quite explicit and frankly quite shocking. It seems that
>after all that 'spirit' of the 'new economy' in which a youngster who sets
>up a business, gets rich and creates this wonderful office with a
>horizontal, flexible hierarchy and full of leisure/recreational activities
>for its employees is not happening at all, instead history seems to repeat
>itself, and so does the  new(old) economy.  This article reminded me of the
>interview which Saramago gave to El Pais in which he talks about the job
>insecurity as one of the major threats of the pretty dim future. Saramago
>describes this type of threat as a paralysing one, that leaves no place for
>(re)action, and least for a collective one. Pessimism about the future (and
>today) is becoming a very present issue, reflected in literary works of all
>sorts, for example, Lessig's 'code' book, Borsook's 'cyberselfish', and
>Lightman's 'diagnosis'. Personaly I tend to agree. Best. Ana]

Personaly I tend to agree.

+

Best.

=_?

         prologue - on each ztep an organ!zm atemptz 2 konsum

         uat organ!zmz do 2 hlp dzmzelvz zurv!v = afktz dze planeta
         !n ua!z dzat != r!znz dzoze zurv!vl zk!lz uear favord b! evoluz!e.

         ep!logue - koord!naz!e = dze log!kl rezultat ov egozntr!k komportmnt
         01 kompet!z!e + zeczual zelekz!e.  zakr!f!zez 4 01 komon good || lkl
         !n!z!at!vz u!th onl! long term reuardz != kom !n 2 pla!.

         konztataz!e - evoluz!e = dr!vn b! greed.

   It is the individual's task to differentiate himself from all the
   others and stand on his own feet. All collective identities...
   interfere with the fulfillment of this task. Such collective
   identities are crutches for the lame, shields for the timid, beds
   for the lazy, nurseries for the irresponsible....   [jung]

                                          pre.konssept!Øn
                                                meeTz ver!f1kat!Øn.

-

Netochka Nezvanova     - bulk water contains too little oxygen for modern needs
f3.MASCHIN3NKUNST
@www.eusocial.com
17.hzV.tRL.478

                                                     |  +----------
                                                    |  |     <
                                   \\----------------+  |  n2t
                                                       |       >

>http://www.nytimes.com/2000/11/29/technology/29AMAZ.html
>By Steven Greenhouse; 2000, November 29; NYTimes
>
>Amazon Fights Union Activity

tranzlaz!on - the infirm + inkompetent Fights the infirm + inkompetent

= 0+0 d!f b!tu!n korporat fasc!ztz + korporat fasc!ztz zerfz.
dom!naz!on = zponzord b! dze dom!natd.

01 job = human!tar!an aSS!ztansz

that leaves no place for
>(re)action, and least for a collective one.

organized collective = mob = rel!g!on = fasc!sm