flesh h][i.j][acker on 7 Dec 2000 02:32:53 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Re: How to goto: yr mellow brick road

At 08:17 AM 6/12/00 -0800, eryk salvaggio wrote:

>>I have been asked to give an explanation for my resignation from
>>net.art. This explanation is as follows:

   >>I have lost the nervous wonder of
     that first attempt to find a voice<<

[a deux-X machina lemming r][esult][ush, a mass waspish x-ah-dux, the
institutions gambling on the new th][ang[]rash:

                          .     X-o.dus][t][net.ar][gumen][t

                          .     exodus nett

                          .     exoergic reaction?

read: the ][broad][bandwagon will most likely becum the flight patterns of
the jaded
[will.u.turn.2.wa][p][nkery?or.genetic.g][rap][e][pling][aul?]

  ... u   k n o w not  w o t you d o ...

.is.wonder.a.captured.momentary.spacetime.defined.action?
.is.it.a.grip][e][.of.the.damned?
.is.wunderbaresque.a.flit.of.the.interne][t]uron?

. c a N T . u . re: v o l v e ?
. i s N T. y r . v o ][lve][ i c e. w o r t h. s a v i n g ???

   >>There is no longer a refresh button on
     the internet art world<<

 .
[i watch the watcher, i chew the fatuous fat, i mull yr seeds and stretch
yr muse to static snapping point][allistic][[allism][ ]
 .

.is.yr.dulled.heart.enuff?
.re][ar][.freshly.cut.cords.of.frissonic.fuses

   >>We cannot resist any longer
     the pressures from the institutions.
     For what we have given them,
     we still can not eat.<<

[a biologic.ca][u][l, my heart 2 is blown, the dredged actuals still sit
and sigh.]

.i .need. .to. .breathe.
.i .need. .to. .breathe.
.i .need. .to. .bre][xpress][athe.
.i .need. .2. .br][eat][he][r/him][.

.i.will.fight.this.morta.
.proclamation.of.the.parcean.
.moiraes.of.the.keyed.action.defined.by:

Clo][a][th][e][os [cut.her.spun.spa.n][etwurk][]
Lache][xege][sis [time will not st][op][atic]
Atropos][itively negatively][

   >>We have become a hierarchy.
     We have become an institution<<

[we     have     b-cum]

[the royal][e][ we, flushed & topheavy, sliding in2 that quagmired C++]

.powa.yrself. b e y o n d .
.][altctrl][shift yr aim.

[corrupt crystal lat][en][tices, those bound on the g][l][orification path
with conge][nital][al, the sliced members crusting previous structures
while others loom][inesce][]

   >>I dreamed of a vast interconnected world of silent coders
     creating ten million variations and translations
     of a single manifesto<<

[i dream of caches replete within, jeweled binary stars flickerin with
wealth, the wealth a t][ext][housand sparked voices in harmony, hands
emoting the rush of ages, eyes re:moving the grit and past, words r.evolving]

.i.dream.the.n e X ][t][ us.

   >>we get table scraps,
     false promises,
     dangling carrots
     from those who observe us and
     report on our doings but
     never stop to feed the starving work horses.<<

 .
[victim rhetoric]
[scrap visions powa them in2 stratospheric holding conditionals]
[dangled offers show worn economic passages]
[my netwurk for a horse-like dedication]
[][net][work yr working dog and howl]
 .

   >>It was my aim to break forward these questions,
     but I too have been corrupted:
     The one who questions such things
     out loud gets no where<<

[a nihilistic tremor]
[rough boundaries can still blow bubbles]

 .
my naive wanderlust is coarse
 .

.unfashionably.able.
.holding pat][t][ernity denied.

... i  g o r g e  lashes  ][o][f r o m   the  ][t][a b l e,  they  bit][e][
and c o n n e c t and s t r e a m  the b e a u t i f u l  in2  b e i n g

   >>I demand a world where this is not inevitable,
      where truth is still honored,
      and where the right questions get asked<<

        [_ m   a   k   e_

             i   t

           s   e   w]

   >>I feel that
     I have convinced myself of a meaning in my work which does not exist;
     I feel that I have convinced myself that my ideas were too large to
accomplish.<<

[re:   wind][thru yr dynamic hair, touch the screen and m][onitor[]arvel]
[re:   effect the Y; push through the caul N spite corr][upting][osion]

 .
.fe][e][line yr fur beyond the egoshelf
 .

   >>I have settled for the safe route of
     lectures,
     exhibits,
     conferences,
     alliances,
     associations.<<

[a confessional space.
 rewire yr output 2 read .i.can.now.breathe.]

   >>I feel I can't continue
     this path anymore<<

[re:     write yr codes
[feel     above     or       move the crushing demon]

.follow. your. y][m][ellow. brick. road.
.does giving up ][the path][ complete ][yr journey][?.

fl][qu][es][t][h h][i.j][acke][t][r
                   +
wollongong.starway.net.au/~mezandwalt

fl][qu][es][t][h h][i.j][acke][t][r