Nettime mailing list archives

[Nettime-bold] cybersalon 6th feb
niki gomez" (by way of richard barbrook) on 19 Jan 2001 21:18:01 -0000

[Nettime-bold] cybersalon 6th feb

Tuesday 6th February 2001
Why wear I.T?: the future technology of fashion

6.30pm: discussion
Entry: 5/3 (conc.)/2.50(ICA members)
Asha Peta Thompson- Electro-textiles and sensory fabrics (Design for Life
Centre at Brunel University)
Jack Mama- Creative Director Philips Design, Intelligent Fibres Division.
Jane Harris- PhD Royal College of Art
Hosted by: Chris Cleverly from Channel 4 /Zoom (tbc)

See the debate remotely on www.cybersalon.org
Text your questions during the talk- they will appear

>From 9pm:
Entry: 2.50
Show of interactive clothing by University of Westminster BA Fashion
selected by Gaye Yates
Philips/Levis jacket

3D pattern cutting software
body scanners

jnrtv - live interactive / generative dance music- john eacott uses his
trumpet as a controlling interface whilst wearing an outrageous gown.
Space.fm DJs broadcast live on the Web www.space.fm
Supanaut (Leftfield  hip hop)
Crofton and Dan Bean- the I-ality Sound System (Digital Dub)
One Tounge Soup.

Live performance by VJs Sanfrandisco and DJ Ryo Co (Japan)

Art on show by:
Jane Harris
Patricio Forrester

Free drinks

Ends: 1am

Venue: ICA (Institute of Contemporary Arts), the mall, london SW1 5AH
Tubes: Piccadilly/Charing Cross
Philips Design
University of Westminster
Hypermedia Research Centre