Steven Clift on 31 Jan 2001 16:05:53 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Berlin - NetPolitics Happy Hour - Fri Feb 9

Greetings,

I'll be in Berlin next week. I am part of the Social Software Panel
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/do-wire/message/775> at the
Transmediale event <http://www.transmediale.de/> on Thursday,
February 8.

NetPolitcs Happy Hour?

 From 18:00-20:00 on Friday, February 9 from I'd like to organize a
small NetPolitics Happy Hour near the Podewil Centre for Contemporary Arts
<http://www.transmediale.de/01/en/map.htm> between sessions.  NetPolitics
covers anyone who works with the Internet and political news site,
advocacy, political parties, e-government, parliaments, community
participation, and those simply interested in e-democracy in general.

I've done this in London, Stockholm and soon Brussels as part of my
Democracies Online Newswire <http://www.e-democracy.org/do> outreach
efforts (full info below).  Lots of fun.  It is always interesting to see
who shows up and the kinds of connections that are made.

To indicate your interest in attending (or virtually attending) join my
special e-mail list for contacts in Germany.  Send an e-mail to:

     do-de-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

We'll use this special e-list to set up the event and perhaps other
activities.  I'll be in Berlin through Noon on Sunday, February 11.

Sincerely,
Steven Clift
Democracies Online

P.S. I am hoping to connect with those working on the Bundestag's
parliamentary online efforts late in the afternoon on Wednesday, Feb. 7.
If you know someone specific on the inside, please try to link us up.
Thanks.