net.wurk][.who][ on 5 Feb 2001 00:29:59 -0000

[Nettime-bold] An Interview with ][ ][: Construction of aTe][xt][ndrillic via IRCscapes.

][      ][ fingers the air, her headthorts beaming
           quickly thru the cerebrosphere...
][      ][ inserts cheers, and hears a lilting
           bell whis][tle][per...
][      ][ revolves, a spinning doorw][eight][ay,
           a wunderbarish crooning moving thru the l][ingual][ines
][      ][ picks an errant st][r][ing of flesh and m][outh][][w][elts
][      ][ s][ilicon][pins a dance step, static mounds
           of hellos flipping f][cd][rom her lips
][      ][ monitors][keyboards, N mouses][
           her emo.ti][ng!][cons
][      ][ ob.serves, ob.lates, and w][eight][aits
][      ][ filtahs a circuitry note 2 helen,
           scribed with a packette tone][r][ of thx...
][      ][ f][r][izz][on][es N ][william][burroughs
           in2 thought, x.][text][tracting.....

 .
<][      ][> shelley>>was going 2 say this is something i've been working
on for a while now, engineering "flat" text into a live hypertextual
x.perience...
<][      ][> ...taking the word and x.tending it 2 a revamped meaning
threshold...
 .

][      ][ sees the network shiver, a static round of
           sets N rules written in2 irc][ellular][s
][      ][ hears an echo, an erudite's s][l][ong][ing][,
           picked apart and lying die-sect][ion][ed
][      ][ holds up her hands, m][onit.ore][arble keys
           g.lowing][with a soft buttered sound][
][      ][ hands sue a template, con.struc.ted of
           cracked screens and ribboned marble veins,
           a scribe of m][edia new][eaning
][      ][ b.ridges the gap, buttons the codes,
           solv][ent][s the s][ilicon][trands....
][      ][ Signs Tactile Actuals Till Identity Clicks
           ][and STATIC links][

 .
<][      ][> joel>> i've written about this b4, i think when an institution
begins a cohesive action to support an m.mergent genre then there is a
distinct danger of a new and more restrictive canon b-ing formed...
<][      ][> ...i make net.art ][like my performance lines are here][, but
talan's work may be relegated 2 n.other aspect of wot we umbrella term new
media/lectronic/digital art...
<][      ][> sure helen, and that's an s.sue that is an x.tremely m.portant
1, considering the genre-direction that net/web art is now undergoing....
 .

][      ][ n.itializes, a text based cord surrounding
           text, an actuated wandering.....
][      ][ n.velops the text, a golden thread
           of reality unravelling in her arms...

 .
<][      ][> deena> its an @.tempt][ing][ 2 evoke a constructed
reader/writer that is flavoured by technology...
 .

][      ][ catches a grit of the past,
           a genre bound by power n packet driven
           cords, a sense of the static..
][      ][ commun][al][N][repl][icates

 .
<][      ][> my prefered term is "netwurker"; it e.vo][cative][kes the idea
of communicating/creating/x.pressing via the network, that the resultant
work uses the tendrils of communication intrinsically...
 .

][      ][ ][wo][man.ifests N di.jests
           ][it's all in good fun:)][
][      ][ XXrosses, x.amining the
           burn point][allistic][s, revaluing
           the cross-comm's worth

 .
<][      ][> deena> i think it's dependent on the accessibility quotient,
the level the creator wants 2 m.plicate in2 the work itself, whether the
meaning curve is set at a high or traditional lvl...
<][      ][> deena>> i think n.ga][u][ge.ment is the key phrase here....
<][      ][> intr.Actor, as i say, talan:)
<][      ][> does the game m.phasis x.tend the meaning? does 4 me....
 .

][      ][ cs play as the key,
           the c][l][ue-in point, the c][usp][urve.

 .
<][      ][> i think if we can snag a intrActor's attn, in a way that seems
2 break apart predicted notions of meaning absorption without b-ing overtly
threatening, then that's fantastic...a play lead-in is wunderbar....
<][      ][> deena>> n.deed, s.pecially given the his][her][story of the
genre...that fragmented juxtaposed meaning filament, the additive infocurve
that we use thru the click or link, the behaviour we display when using a
browser/viewer all combines.

 .

         net.wurk][.who][
         n.sert no here xXXx