Josephine Bosma on 16 Feb 2001 15:23:30 -0000

Re: [Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> README! ?

Drazen Pantic wrote:

> The main issue still remains... Pushing things to the extreme, lets
> assume that cnn, fro example, decides to spam its viewers with past
> and *future* nettime messages and hands out an offer that is difficult
> to refuse. Hand offer to whom? To nettime moderators? And who decides
> what should be done?

In case they would offer it to me I would of course take the money and
run. ;)

I am glad this discussion started. Who owns nettime has been unresolved
and was always presented towards a vague community effort when power
issues were clearly a problem. Maybe there can be some fundamentals
written down as to who does what, what responsibilities this brings, and
then whether these people are accountable for their deeds, even in a
volunteer situation.

greetings

*