Terrence Kosick on 12 Mar 2001 18:31:07 -0000

Re: [Nettime-bold] An open letter to nettime

I am delving into criteria off list . The filters so far are brevity
"one liners" as opposed to intelligent content that contains no personal
attacks. I feel if something is or even if in the case of attacks or
just plain exasperating stupidity slipped in a longer perhaps more
convincing post, which never seem to get  filtered, there has to be and
explanation and a criteria in place. After all idiotic people in
positions of power seem the norm. They at lest have the ability to be
professional about their, at times, idiotic notions and prolonged
statements that often lack focus or even follow the rules of good
dialectic engagement.     It seems fruitless dialogue must seem clever
rather than be truly resolved or come to good conclusions.  If a list is
to me moderated lets do it right and weed out the at times, (due to
perhaps lazyness)  pretentious ones that reside on these lists. If this
helps to invigorate the net scene into a brand new intelligent level of
discssion with that  I will promise no more clever (or , intellectually
profound, if indeed very lazy ) one-liners.

Best

T.

ps please don't swear max